Chapter 20 - The Red Emperor's narrative

Be on top!
Always be number 1!

I am indeed on top.
I am always number 1.
I never lose, or should I say, I have never felt defeat.

I should also know everything! To what happened, what is happening, and what will happen.

That's expected and natural in the Akashi family. My father also excels in business, and still on top of everyone.

It's unthinkable for me to play in someone's hand. I would never let that happen, not to my friends, even my parents!

Though I know my limit, there are things even in my age can and can't do. But if I know I can, then I'll do it.

~

Everyone around says that father excel ever since, in academic, in business.

And thus I must go beyond that since that was taught to me; to be on top!

I had an impression that father had a limit what he could do and couldn't when he was at my age.

But, the start of this year, during new year's event, an old man I haven't met arrived as a special guest, and he was the only one who degraded father's achievements

"You are indeed smart, intimidating, however, you wouldn't be able to achieve everything you have now without Shiori-chan"

I thought father would disagree. Because my parents got married out of business reasons. Also, I respect and love my mother, but what a fragile and sickly woman could do?

But father agreed to him,

"Indeed, it was because of Shiori that I am in this position. She is my greatest nightmares for my sweet victories"

Even grandmother laughed and agreed with realization that the old man was correct. She laughed to why they didn't realize it until he said it, no more like, they knew but when mother died, they seemed forgot.

I asked my father afterwards, and he indeed agreed that mother was the key to his victories. He again repeated that mother was indeed his greatest nightmares, but the key to his achievements in business.

I had no idea what he was saying. Grandmother also agreed. But she said,

"It's just use of words. Seijurou, you need to find an unpredictable woman, who will exceed your expectations, who will give you nightmares. If you find that woman, then you'll understand the key of your father's victory"

I didn't quite understand what she meant, but after that, the words I didn't hear from others before, it became crystal clear as well.

Mother was the key to father's success.

~

I tried Anna, since they engaged me to her, but she was like an open book. Furthermore, she didn't have any idea that I know her secret, so she was being a usual lady from her family. But she's predictable, and kept saying yes to everything I would say. She never exceeded my expectations.

I also tried Jiro's twin sister, Rio, but her emotion is open to everyone. She's more predictable than Anna and again never exceeded my expectations.

I even considered Satsuki, but, same as the other two, her emotion is open.

There was no one else. I again considered Anna since she has an elegant vibes. But then, she's not the woman I am looking for. She couldn't help me getting connections and deals in business.

So I tried to achieve everything on my own. I became number one in academics, sports, shogi. And in my age, as a first step to be the next president of the Akashi group, I should make a deal or new connections to any business sectors.