Chapter 38 - Suspicious

The temperature is rising. I could feel the hot weather even though it's still early in the morning. Today is the third day I needed to take the bus to go to our temporary dojo.

Last week, Kuwabe-sensei told us that our dojo would be renovated. More like, Akashi was the one who gave the proposal. Since we would be representing the school for the National, Akashi's words became real. The dojo would be renovated so we could still use it during winter, and it would be more bigger.

So as of this Monday, we are practicing in a dojo run by Kuwabe-sensei's friend. It's 30 minutes bus ride away from my house. We decided to at least arrive there between 8:00 to 8:30.

Currently, 8:10 in the morning. Yesterday, I was too early, today, I would be late for sure.

As I turn towards the road, I could see couple of busses coming, and the bus I needed to take was one of them.

However, I heard a loud thud, followed a grandma's voice, and a girl's voice apologizing. I turned behind me, and indeed, a grandma fell on the ground, and a girl was frantically apologizing.

I immediately approached the grandma and asked her if she is okay, since this girl didn't even help her

"Sorry, grandma, I'm in rush. My bus is already here" she bowed down, and unbelievable! She immediately left!

"Wait- you!" I tried to stop her but I heard grandma groaned, and I could see that she's in pain "grandma, are you okay?"

"I'm fine, I'm fine. Don't worry about me. Your bus might arrive already as well, you can go"

Well, my bus is already here, I'll surely be late... but...

I smiled and supported her to stand-up

"No, don't worry about me. I am in no rush. I can take the bus later."

I helped her to sit on the waiting area, and asked her again if she's okay.

"Aside from my ass here, I'm okay my dear. Thank you very much. I apologize as well that you weren't able to take your bus"

I shook my head and assured her "don't worry. It's totally fine, I can take the next one, or the one after. Setting me aside, grandma, are you heading somewhere? I can go with you there, or call a taxi for you"

She chuckled and what a kind, gentle smile, however, she looks so sad. "I wanted to go to Gansen-ji temple by myself, or with my son and grandson. However, neither of them wanted to go back there. Right now is the only time I could go there because of the flower blooming this time of the year. Next year, I don't know if I am still alive after all"

"Grandma, are you attempting to go there every year?" I worriedly asked, and her silence was the answer "and your family didn't even want to go with you?"

"My son is busy with work, my grandson suddenly changed. Well, our main address is in Tokyo. We could go to Kyoto now because my grandson is studying here. But, Kyoto is one of of the most memorable places of my daughter-in-law. That's one of the places here that I would like to visit ever since, I thought I could go today, but seemed not"

Hearing her explanation, she loves her but that daughter-in-law is already dead.

"Have you talked to your son and grandson what you wanted to do, grandma?"

"No, not just the two of them, but everyone thinks that I am firm, scary, woman. Hearing my name, people would step back and would get scared."

"But the grandma I am seeing now is a kind, gentle, grandma who loves her family" I immediately looked at her and smiled, and for some reason, I told her about the certain emperor I know "I have a close friend. He is from a very strict and rich business family. He is scary, and everyone thinks of him as an emperor. But, I know him as a kind, gentleman, and someone who cares a lot about his friends. I am sure, his close friends also know about this side of him. Despite of our previous misunderstanding, we were closer than ever."