Chapter 32 - Hands off!

One after another, our school advances, and it was down to four schools. But based by our scores, Rakuzan and Moriyama Joshi Private High School would fight for the 1st and 2nd place. Only the 1st place would represent Kinki region for the team category. For the individual though, it would be the top 2.

But anyways, it's fun that we ended up against the school of this Amemiya Ryoko. She's the fifth shooter.

The game started and actually, it's quite a while now, and we already had couple of rounds but the score were still the same.

~

"Both school stop" we all halted as one of the officials raised her voice. "In your position, and captains please come forward"

We sat back as Mitsuki-senpai went to talk to the officials. They also used this opportunity to get our arrows. As for me, I finally noticed that the schools for 3rd and 4th place were already done. I could see mom from the side bench as well, though she wasn't with sensei and the others, and she had this video camera on her hand.

It was kind of funny that Akashi, and Jiro weren't there. Oh well, they surely had their own tournament as well. Next week, surely they would be here since it's exam week, and only Archery had a tournament after that.

Not long after, Mitsuki-senpai came back and asked us to stand-up, and we hurdle

"What did they say?" We asked and senpai nodded as she explained the new rules

"They will cut down the number of players and it will be scored by individual scoring. One at a time, and they will announce the score."

"Putting pressure then for each team" I commented and she agreed "how many players now?"

"Three" as she said that, she smiled at me, then to Sayaka and Rio.

"Wait a minute, I understand (f/n) and Rio, but why even me?" Sayaka anxiously asked, but Mitsuki-senpai patted her shoulder

"Because we believe in you three. You have courage, and we trust you three. I am not putting pressure, but win or lose, we're proud that we came this far."

"Senpai, not yet" I chuckled then turned to Sayaka "Don't tell me you are nervous now, Sayaka?"

"Not really, it's just that Mitsuki-senpai or Himeko-senpai should play instead of me"

"Then, let's bring the two of them to Nationals" I told her and the four of them just sighed with a smile

"Well then, Himeko and I will wait here at the back. Stay calm and focus. Good luck and have fun."

And even though we didn't talk about it, the order became Rio, Sayaka, then me. As expected, Amemiya would shoot last as well.

The official announced the sudden rule. Sayaka and I sat down, Rio stood up and had her stance.

The two of them shoot at the same time, and indeed the score was announced right away.

Rio scored 3-10, 1-9, 1-8. We thought we had the higher hand, since the first one in Moriyama scored 3-10, 2-8. Sayaka though scored 3-10, 2-8, while the Moriyama scored 3-10, 1-9, 1-8.

In the end, it's down between me and Amemiya.

I stood up and took one of my arrows. Loaded it to my bow, and in mark, we both released it. Of course, right at the mark.

I reloaded my arrow, and again waited for the signal. As I heard them, I again released the string, again right at the centre. The third and fourth shot as well.

And it's the last arrow. I reloaded my arrow to my string, then take my aim.

As I heard the signal, I released it, and a smile came out from my face since it again landed at the centre.