Chapter 30 - Impulsive

I couldn't sleep again. Even after taking a bath, I've been thinking what we talked.

Ah...

I got my phone and immediately messaged him.

Me: I forgot to ask. What did you forget to say this afternoon? You return to the cafeteria, right?

Not long after he replied to me,

Akashi: nothing important, I just forgot to tell you that grandmother will be visiting you one of these days. I don't know when

...

It's important! What does he mean that it wasn't important- ah and since he responded,

Me: thanks for informing. By the way, I am curious of something. Where did you even learn about the love thing?

I waited for his response, and I just realized, Akashi is fast in typing. Because not even 30 seconds, he replied

Akashi: Daiki, Ryouta, Shougo

Gosh, of all people, he learned love from those three?!

Me: next time, ask Satsuki. She knows better than those three, especially than Ryouta and Haizaki. Anyways, thanks and see you tomorrow. Good night.

I finally understand why Akashi had this thinking about love. He learned from those three. Of all people!

~

That next day, oh gosh, I was in big trouble.

"Good... morning mom..." I greeted with a hoarse voice. I already changed to my uniform, but I still feel sluggish.

"Oh my gosh my dear" mom checked my forehead and worriedly looked at me "you don't have fever, but the colour of your face is not good. Your voice as well. How's your nasal?"

"I feel like something is blocking. My throat is itchy"

"You have cold. You need to stay home-"

"I need to go to school mom. I already missed couple of days, and it's sports day on Saturday."

"Tell your classmates that you can't join on Saturday. They need to find someone to replace you. You will attend school, but academic purpose only. I'll prepare your lunch, your medicine, bring my pocket thermometer, and if you feel dizzy or have fever, go to the infirmary and rest. Message me immediately, I'll pick you up. I'll send you to school as well. Understand?"

"Yes.." Ah yeah, as expected from mom.

"Eat your breakfast and drink a medicine. I'll monitor you. Drink the medicine during lunch, okay? I'll prepare your lunch today, and also to the person you always make lunch."

I nodded and started eating. Though I couldn't tell mom that I couldn't swallow nor could taste the food. But I need to take some food, or else mom wouldn't let me go to school.

After eating, mom sent me to school. And she insisted for me to wear a mask so I won't spread the virus.

~

"!!!" Yeah, everyone in the class had this surprised expression

"Sorry, but you need to find a replacement" I told them with a hoarse voice, followed by a cough

"You should have stayed home" they told me and I couldn't help but agreed

"But I need to at least teach some tricks to the basketball and even in Archery." I coughed and made a peace sign "Don't worry, I'm okay. Mom made sure that I'm okay. If it gets bad, I'll just message her to pick me up."

And yeah, they were all looking at me worriedly

~

That Thursday, I messaged Akashi about the lunch, but seemed he knew already and told me to go home immediately.