Chapter 28 - Out of Nowhere!

Eating dinner with Akashi's grandparents, I learned new things about Akashi, especially about his family. I learned new things, and I think things that I shouldn't know.

I found out that before his mother died, Shiori-san was cooking food. All of their foods were homemade. Probably, that explains why he got interested with my cooking. After his mother died, his father hired chefs, and their foods became like those in restaurants. His grandmother said that they had never tried the usual home dishes. I felt like I would be executed if they'd find out that I'm making lunch for him.

I knew about his horse, but I didn't know that it was born the same day as him. That's why he loves his horse that much.

There were more, but what I was surprised the most was when I found out that Ken-san and Kari-san's family serves Akashi family for generations now, and I found out that the actress named Rika is Ken-san and Kari-san's sister, and they are Triplets! They have younger sister and brother that are both the same age with Akashi, and they are currently serving one of Akashi's cousin living in Australia.

His grandmother, who insisted me to call her Aoki-obaachan, wanted me to stay for the night and just go to school with Akashi. She wanted to talk to me more. But good thing, I have a good excuse to reject the offer. My parents would be coming home early next day after all.

And now, they're sending me and Go-chan home. Surprisingly, Akashi also tagged along in which he shouldn't be.

It was dead silence. Surely because of what Aoki-obaachan said about their family. The rumour about them working behind the scenes when they are indirectly involved, I was able to learn today that it's true. Ken-san was able to change the topic when Aoki-obaachan mentioned about what a certain issue, but because of Ken-san's changing the topic, obaachan mentioned Rika-san, them being triplets  and her doing the work.

It wasn't specified, but I had a hunch already what that means.

I wanted to confirm something, but I'd keep it for myself. Also-

"I'll keep everything what I heard to myself" I broke the silence as I gazed outside the window. I could see Akashi's reflection on the window. He looked towards me

"We didn't say you should"

I turned to him and smiled a little "at the very least, I am not stupid not to get the message that some of what Aoki-obaachan said are some information that shouldn't be known by others outside your family. I promise that I will not tell anyone, even my parents and close friends. Those information are private after all. Just-"

"..."

"I wanted to confirm something, but I'll just keep it to myself"

"No, go ahead"

I was hesitating, but hearing everything, I wanted to confirm it now.

"The Kari-san I first met was Rika-san in disguise, right?"

"Yeah" was his short and immediate response. With that just short response, I could feel that he was telling me not to ask further questions

I sighed in relief and chuckled "I see. Thank you for confirming. I feel like it would haunt me down if I don't confirm that."

"You're satisfied with that response?!" Kari-san asked with surprised tone

"Yes, it answered lots of my questions."

Indeed, it answered lots. The time we went to see the symphonic concert, I didn't know if it was part of their plan, but one thing for sure, while we were having dinner, it was then they went to Kurosaki-san's place to get evidence. They are doing things behind the scenes, to bring down those elite people doing illegal things.