Chapter 27 - Always the answer

When we arrived in Macau, there was indeed someone waiting for us. He had this placard welcoming us. I immediately messaged Akashi, updating him, since I saw his message to immediately message him if we ever see or not the person with a placard.

He drove us to our hotel and told us that he would be picking us up again on Monday.

At the hotel, we got our own room. Another extravagant single room, with free breakfast included.

That night, I messaged my family that we had arrived already, then also messaged Sayaka and the others. Of course, I messaged Akashi as I need to update him again.

We left our stuff first, and then we went to the venue to familiarize ourselves with the route, we also took pictures since it was our first time here in Macau.

We ate our dinner in a nearby restaurant, ordering some authentic Macau dishes.

After dinner, we returned to our hotel room and rested for the night since we needed to be in the venue early in the morning.

~

Wearing our Rakuzan's Hakama, we went to the venue for our first international tournament.

Surprisingly, I felt nervous seeing all participants from other countries in Asia. Also, remembering what Akashi did, I could now feel the pressure.

But well, all I need is just to shoot as usual.

The problem is,

"Takuya, are you okay?"

"I am actually getting nervous. This is my first international competition. Aren't you nervous?"

"I am nervous, and that's normal, I think."

"You don't look nervous at all!"

I chuckled as I patted his back "well just think of it the usual tournament in Japan. Plus, let's just do the usual. Let's enjoy it so we don't regret it later."

"I envy your positivity," he chuckled, then took a deep breathe "I need to calm down."

There were 30 countries, and surprisingly, there were at least 3 from each country.

"(L/n), Ono, let's meet up with the others from Japan, the tag teams. They already arrived. "

Now that it reminded me, sensei said that only our school didn't fund us for this competition. Additionally, the 2nd runner-up for girls and boys Individual category are from same school in Nagoya, and the 3rd runner ups are from Osaka. For the tag team category, they are from Gunma and Fukushima. What's more surprising, the team from Gunma and Fukushima, they are all staying in the same airbnb. Even their flights were the same. The winner of male individual category though, is from Tokyo and staying as well on their own.

We met the students and teachers for the tag team and unexpectedly got along with them. I found out that I might see them in Nationals if we all win the regional tournaments in our own regions. We found out that the 3rd runner-up for the male individual team got into an accident recently and broke his wrist, so he forfeited.

Not long after, the Tag team competition started, and we all went to our own block.

There were 7 from each block, and all blocks are playing at the same time. Well, this venue is bigger than expected after all.

Also, some individuals will commence this afternoon. Since there were more individual than the tag team, they decided to start the individual as well today.

~

Though Takuya and I reached the finals, we ended up in 4th place. Takuya apologized since he lost his focus and got two 8 points and one 7 points. Even though I got full 50 points, it wasn't enough for us to reach 3rd runner up.