Chapter 11 - food is the answer

Finally the sun is up.
Today we still don't have class, or more like it was canceled for today since they needed to do some construction and maintenance.

To be honest, I was about to go to school. If not for Sayaka's call, I might be in school already. It seems they announced it in school's Twitter account. She knew I don't check it.

So for today, my place was full of sweet smell. I baked crinkles, and tarts.

...

The tarts actually, I baked them for Akashi. While baking macaroons last time, it might be unconscious from him but he mumbled that he wanted to try tarts next time.

Well, I just baked out of the whim, as a way of thanking him for Go-chan.

Yeah, it's just my way of thanking him.

Nothing else.

~next day~

"Good morning!" Sayaka greeted me with high tension. "A very long weekend since our camp, right?"

"Good morning. A storm finally passed" I responded then handed her five pieces of macaroons and crinkles. "Here you go"

Sayaka looked at me in surprised then hugged me "Oh my gosh! Thank you! I was about to ask you today to come with me to buy macaroons! I am in dire need of sweets" She moved back then giggled "I really love the sweets you bake. I can't wait to eat them. But seems like you really had lots of time. You baked lots" she poined at the two paper bags in my hand "need a hand?"

"It's fine. Thank you. I had all the time yesterday"

"But isn't it too much?" She asked

"I baked for everyone in the club, then I also baked for Rie-chan, Ayumi and Hitomi." I answered though I didn't mention that on the other bag, Akashi's clothes are there, even his tarts and crinkles. Well, I got closed with Reo-nee as well so I also made some for him. As if I can tell Sayaka about that. I wanted to though, but am so embarrassed. I am not ready yet to mention this to anyone

Sayaka and I walked to school, talking about what we did during the storm. I mentioned Go-chan, but I didn't mention about Akashi staying in my place. Sayaka on the other hand, she said that they closed their restaurant. Their family owns a Japanese restaurant, more on sushi and ramen. It's actually famous in the neighborhood. Because of Rakuzan's mandatory club activities, her parents couldn't retort that she couldn't help much, though she helps them at night

"By the way (f/n), did you see the schools we will be going against to?"

"Schools? Aren't we just going against anyone?" I asked in confusion

"Eh...? You know already how the tournament goes here... right?"

"Huh?"

"We had preliminary round, but that includes every school in this region. But we were separated per prefectures when we go there that is why Moriyama Joshi team was in different dojo. They were in different block. We'll be able to go against them during Regional instead."

"They don't have different dojo for other prefectures? I didn't know that the schools there are from other prefectures. But well" I looked at Sayaka and grinned "in the end, we need to stand on top against all those schools"

"You sure are optimistic. But you are right. We need to be accurate with our shooting, and win. Speaking of, it's sad that we don't have practice today"

"Yeah, good thing you message me about that, or else I'll bring my equipments. But I wonder what are they going to repair there?"

"Seems like lots of trees fall around the area, and even in the dojo. I read that not just us, but other clubs as well. It's  still unknown if they will be able to fix it this week. Sensei will inform us today if we can practice this week, or in senpai's dojo"