Lykaon

She’s perfect! 

She’s beautiful!

She’s fearless!

She’s everything I want in a mate and more!

I was close to losing it today when we were waiting for the reply back from Alpha Merle. I had so many doubts in my head about what he would say, excuses for not letting me come. Then it finally did come with a reply to join him for supper. I wasn’t totally excited about it until her scent led straight into that house.

Then seeing her for the first time in human form was absolutely breathtaking! She had a slim body, fit and slightly muscled. Her hair was raven black and tumbled down to her lower back near her hips in waves upon waves of beautiful locks. Her amazing eyes—when I finally got to see them after slightly scaring her—were this amazing shade of celeste blue that made her lightly tan skin pop!

That doesn’t even begin to describe her personality!

I knew when she was hiding that it wasn’t who she was. My mate doesn’t hide, especially this beautiful girl. Her real self came through right before we went outside and she fought me, demanding my ears to listen to her. Klyn suggested a run, since she seemed to enjoy it yesterday before she realized she had a mate nearby. Her eyes absolutely lit up at the idea and lit up even more when I let her decide where to go, mostly because I don’t know her territory.

When her wolf came out with her tail high in the air and nose upwards, Klyn couldn’t help but laugh, but I was fascinated. Her wolf had the courage to be miss high and mighty around me even though we were on her territory. But she seemed to melt under my words about how beautiful she was, running into my arms and licking me with happiness.

Which is why it doesn’t explain why she suddenly ran off. “Opaline!” I called, but started undressing.

“Well, that was interesting!” Klyn muttered.

“Yeah…” I trailed off and shifted, bounding after her. For a small wolf, she was a great runner, giving Klyn a hard time with keeping up. But I was no match for her and she didn’t realize it until I was right above her. Letting out a terrified yelp, she skidded to a halt and laid on her belly as I turned around and looked at her. Her tail was between her legs and her head between her paws. She no longer felt comfortable.

I saw Klyn bounding up behind her and growled a warning which made her shrink away from me. Luckily, Klyn slowed to a stop a few feet away from her, giving her space. I laid on my belly and shuffled forward a little, letting her know that everything was okay. She let out a small whine and I couldn’t help it.

Standing up, I walk over to her. She shut her eyes tight and started shaking. Carefully, without crushing her delicate little body, I laid on top and licked her nose with affection. She sneezed and looked up at me, in confusion. She shifted slightly, wiggling her little body under mine and let out a bark. I lifted slightly and let her crawl out and turn to face me. She sat down and gazed at me with curious amber eyes before taking a step towards me. I stayed still, not wanting to spook her for fear she’ll run from me again.

She finally came forward and sniffed me, then seeming satisfied pushed herself against me, her head resting on my shoulder. Lykaon! Get her back to the house! Klyn ordered.

My head came up, scaring Opaline, and I saw four wolves approaching. All males. Growling, I carefully lifted Opaline by the scruff, and carried her back home where she’d be safe. Her whimpers and shaking were hard to ignore, so when I finally made it to the stalls, I set her down gently and licked her muzzle in affection.

She turned to me and whined, questioning eyes focused on me. I gestured to the stall and for her to shift, which she only whimpered at.  Klyn, I need help!

No answer.

Opaline continued to whine in front of me while I tried getting Klyn, but he wouldn’t answer. Then, Opaline suddenly let out a yelp and scurried away, eyes wide with terror. I look behind me and give a low growl.  The wolf gave a growl of its own before a commanding voice said, “Stand down, Dorlus!”

The Indian wolf whimpered and sat back on his haunches, bowing his head. I backed away slowly, giving out one last growl before turning around and searching for Opaline. Thankfully, her scent was the best thing in the world and I could follow it to where she hid under the porch to the side of the house.

I shifted, not caring about my nakedness, only that she came out. “Opaline, come here.”

She gave a high whine of fear and moved farther back into the crowded space. “Lykaon!”

I look behind me with relief to see Klyn running up. “You didn’t answer me!”

“Busy,” he explained and sat beside me. “What are you doing?”

“Trying to get her out,” I sigh and look at my fearful mate. “Dorlus scared the shit out of her and now she won’t come out.”

Klyn took a look and thought for a minute. “Do you think you might want to put some clothes on?” he says, glancing at me.

I scowl. “This is no time for jokes!”

“I’m not!” he says hurriedly. “She won’t come out because you’re naked! Considering they have stalls, she probably has never seen a male naked before.”

I grumble and go dress, then come back and look at Opaline. Her head comes up and she looks me over, her amber eyes scanning every inch of my body. After a moment or two, she glances at Klyn before crawling out and into my lap. “How did you know?” I ask my friend.

“She kept trying to avoid looking too far down,” he said, rubbing his neck.

I rub my hands up and down Opaline’s body, caressing her into a state of relaxation before I move. “Where’s the Alpha?”

“Inside, waiting for us.”

Opaline licked my face before walking away. We stood and followed after her towards the stalls. “Did Dorlus say why he scared her half to death?”

“He didn’t know who we were and was trying to protect her. Her father thought she panicked and didn’t recognize him or…” he trailed off.

“Or what?”

“Or he thought it was you.”

“Me?” I hiss. “Why?”

Klyn stopped me some ways away from the stalls, but close enough to see them. “She’s never been attacked before according to Alpha Merle. I don’t know if he was lying, but he said she’s spent a lot of years in her room, being anti-social, even going so far as to shut her wolf out.”

I furrow my brows. “Years?” He nods. I curse and turn back to the stalls to see Opaline walking out of hers with her eyes darting everywhere frantically. I tell Klyn, “We’ll talk more later.”

He nods and lets me run over to my mate, who finally sees me and hugs herself, watching me with wide eyes. I slow down and give her a small reassuring smile. “Hi, Opaline.”

Her eyes flick everywhere, roaming me up and down while also paying attention to what I was saying. When she finally meets my eyes again with her celeste blue ones, she whispers, “You saved me.”

<What do you suppose happened to make Opaline secluded herself in her room?
Let me know in the comments!
Hope you enjoyed!>