Opaline

Klyn told Gwenna and Nadine what Lykaon  said and they nodded and hurried me along. They redid my makeup and  fixed my hair: half up in a princess ponytail while letting the rest  fall down my back and about my shoulders. They made me close my eyes  however, to put on the dress. I felt myself step into this gauzy  material, hearing it swish against the floor. It was tight around the  middle and chest, and I felt thin fabricated sleeves wrap around my arms  all the way down to my wrists. My back was exposed all the way down to  my waist, though. When I ran my hands down my front I felt beads galore  sewn into the fabric that flowed past my feet. 

I heard a whistle as Klyn was instructed to turn back around to judge. "Lykaon is going to be awed by you, Opaline."

I blushed. "Can I open now?"

I  felt hands smooth my hair and dress, then nothing. Feeling anxious, I  shifted from one foot to another getting nervous again. Finally, Nadine  whispered, "Go ahead, Luna."

I opened and immediately saw myself in the mirror... The dress was beautiful in its  off-white hues. There were pearls and beads everywhere making intricate  designs and a long train of extra fabric that was behind me, sweeping  against the floor. It took my breath away. I turned a little and saw my  back was indeed bare, but the dress in contrast with my hair made me  look like the moon in the sky. I couldn't believe how good I looked.

"Ready, Luna Opaline?" Klyn  whispered. I nodded dazedly, still speechless from how I looked. He  walked over and held his arm out for me to take. I did and he led me to  the door. At the threshold, he paused and turned back. "Nadine, Gwenna, follow us. Bertolf, help the woman and her child to a safe place."

With that, he led me down the stairs to the front door. I hesitated. "Klyn, what about shoes?"

He looked down at me with a small smile. "You'll be fine, trust me. Lykaon had made sure the pathway was smoothed out before tonight."

"What if my dress gets dirty?"

"Do you really think he'd let that happen?" I furrowed my brows. He chuckled and opened the door. "You'll see."

I  look out to see torches leading away from the house into the darkness.  My grip on his arm tightened a little as we stepped onto soft dirt. I  dug my toes in for a minute before Klyn  started following the path of torches. I realized we were going towards  the pack house and found myself even more nervous than before. I wasn't  sure I could do this in front of everyone, let alone other alphas. 

Klyn stopped and turned towards me, as if sensing my uneasiness. "It'll be alright, Luna. You can do this. Just focus on Lykaon and not the audience. You'll do just fine." I nodded and he embraced me before continuing on again. In my head, I heard, Keep your chin high and shoulders back. Even though you're not confident, make it look otherwise.

I  listened, straightening up right before I noticed we were behind a  bunch of people who had been split down the middle to make an aisle. At  the other end was a little raised platform where Lykaon stood, waiting for me with his hands in his pockets. Klyn  pulled me forward with him, making our way towards my mate. When our  eyes met, gray to blue, I could see how they were widened just slightly  like he had just noticed me for the first time in his life. I started to  blush and look down until Klyn squeezed my arm slightly, reminding me of my posture. 

When we finally reached stairs to the platform, Lykaon leaned forward and held out his hand to me. I took it, letting Klyn  go and ascended the stairs. My mate didn't take his eyes off me as we  walked towards a little podium where a bowl was waiting with a knife. I  squeezed Lykaon's  hand tightly, afraid of what was to come, but he paused and turned  towards me, taking my attention away from the objects. "My Luna and  mate..." his voice trailed off.