Lykaon

Rosetta, the woman who decided to forgive Opaline  for her mistake of misunderstanding the situation, apologized for  interrupting the ceremony. Her wolves finally shifted into men and  women, dressing behind trees before coming out to greet us. We learned  that she was Luna of the Nightstar  Pack who had a territory farther north than I did. In between our packs  was a vast land that had no claim to it and the rogues hardly passed  through. Opaline repeatedly apologized for her mistake, even though Rosetta forgave her.

Before we parted ways, I asked her, "Who killed Maybelle? And what is her sister's name?"

She  looked down at her feet and said, "I did by accident. It was the night  before and I thought it was her sister. I had shot her, and only  realized afterwards that I was wrong. She forgave me, saying it was her  fault for being alone in the woods. I promised I'd find her sister and  kill her. I'd find Melanie and end this once and for all."

Opaline wrapped her arms around me, leaning her head on my chest. I said, "Do you want to keep the child or kill it?"

Tears streamed down Rosetta's face as she looked up at us. "If at all possible, Barric  would have wanted me to keep it, to protect it from Melanie's darkness.  He may not have wanted the exchange with her, but he'd never despise  the child when it is not it's fault."

"How did you find out?" Opaline whispered. 

"Vuk told me, since Barric couldn't bring himself to. He told me what happened and why Barric was keeping his distance."

"Does he know you killed Maybelle?"

She shook her head. "No one knows."

"You need to come clean!" I growl. 

"They'll kill me!" she hissed.

"Aryn will kill my mate if you don't!" 

Rosetta glanced at Opaline, regret in her eyes as well as guilt. She finally nodded. "I'll confess."

"Are you free to meet us tomorrow evening?" I asked.

"Why?"

"I'm going to schedule a dinner with Alpha Aryn and Beta Vuk. You can confess then. In the meantime, I'll make sure Melanie is secured and the baby is out of harm's way."

Rosetta's eyes widened in surprise. "You'd do that?"

"As long as you tell the truth and promise me that she is who you say she is."

"Just look for the scar. Let Vuk help you."

I shake my head. "I am not letting Vuk help me. I have men of my own who can do that." I kiss my mate's head and wrap my arms around her. "Besides, Vuk and I aren't on very good terms right now."

Rosetta's eyes flickered between me and Opaline for a moment before nodding. "I'll meet you at your pack house around five."

"Good,  now get off my land and stay away until then." She backed up, crossing  the invisible line and her pack followed. Shifting into a Himalayan, she  howled and took off into the trees. 

Opaline sighed and behind us, my father said, "I'm getting way too old for this."

I turned and looked them up and down, glad they weren't hurt. "Are you two alright?"

"We're fine," my mother said with a small smile. "A little shaken up but healthy and alive."

"Lykaon, are you going to introduce us?" my father said, looking at my now trembling mate. 

"Mom, dad, I'd like you to meet Opaline, recently appointed Luna of the pack, as well as my mate." I looked down and kissed her. "Opaline, this is my mother and father. Previous Alpha Ariston and Luna Lyall."

Sounds  and Vibrations (Gifted Werewolf Series: Book 1)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें