Boo! (Thatcher)

come on i had to do a Halloween one. i needed to write for thatch anyways

also im gonna start writing all POVs in first so y'all lemme know what you think of it

××× 💕🎃 ×××
It was that time of year again and I got excited all over again. Mike was letting me decorate the SAS house this year and I was over the moon for it. Seamus and James (Smoke) gladly pitched in to help me, Mark (Mute) preferring to help make the decorations rather than put them up. And Mike wouldn't see them until he got home from his next mission.

"Seamus, can you climb up and put the spiderwebs over around Mike's window? I wanna put the big spider near it," I asked the Scottish man. He nodded, grabbing the fake webs and climbing up the ladder. James snickered behind me as he rummaged around for the hanging ghosts.

"Mikey's gonna hate that one. You know how he feels about spiders. He'll be in your room until they're down," he said, finally finding them and hooking them up to the bushes, railings, branches, and porch hooks.

"Maybe I want him too. For such a tough acting guy he really is a big baby," I snickered.

We eventually got the last of the decorations up and it was perfect. Just in time, too, as I was supposed to pick Mike up in about half an hour.

"Alright. I'm gonna go get Mike. Don't wreck the house, y'hear?"

I only got a series of groans and grumbling.

×××

Walking into the airport, I waved Mike down with a giddy excitement. When he saw it was me he grinned, which I obviously started running at. He grabbed me, swinging me around once before settling me down and giving me a light kiss on the head.

"Welcome back, old man. I missed you," I mumbled giving him a huge hug before we started back to the car, his hand in mine.

"Good to see you too, kid. Been a long few weeks without you," he said, grinning at me. I smiled right back.

"Oh, by the way. You're going to love the house."

"I swear to God if you put another fuckin spider by my window again-"

×××

"Y/n. Y/n my wonderful amazing darling love. I love you. But I am not sleeping in my room with that thing outside my window," Mike said as soon as he saw the spider. I laughed at that, shaking my head a little.

"Don't worry, I planned on moving it into James' window later tonight. Payback for him ruining my favorite skeleton last year," I giggled. Last year when we were putting the decor up, James had snapped the arm off my favorite skeleton decoration and we were never able to fix it. I didn't talk to him for a month and I still haven't forgiven him.

"Mhm. Make sure you record his reaction. Little bugger was being a prick before I left," he snickered, wrapping his arms around my waist and resting his chin on my head.

"You planning on going out with me this year to the haunted house and trick or treat?" I asked, moving to look up at him.

"Maybe. I'll go with you to the haunted houses, but I don't know about trick or treating. Too old for that much," Mike sighed. I pouted, pulling away from him as I sulked into the house. I heard Mikey groan behind me as he followed.

"Okay, fine. I'll go. But I'm not dressing up!"

×××

Giddy with excitement, I held tight to Mike's hand as we walked to the local haunted house. He was quiet, but would look at me and smile every once and a while.

"I still don't get how you get so excited over all this every year time and time again," he sighed as we walked into the old building.

"Come on! A day where you get to do pretty much whatever you want and not get judged? New costumes and ideas and decorations every year? Count me in!" I explained as we started the little adventure.

"Eh, guess it's reasonable. Better than Seamus's reason for likin' St. Patrick's. Only reason I've ever heard from him was the drinking you could do on that day," he chuckled. Typical , coming from Seamus. Always looking for a drink or two. What better day then St. Patty's?

×××

As we moved on through the house, Mike and I got separated. I chose this as my chance to get back at him for last year, when he had scared me coming through the last haunted house. I asked some of the workers to help and they agreed, helping me sneak back to Mikey.

I watched as he searched for me, unable to find bme anywhere. Little did he know I was waiting for him as one of the animatronics. Once he got in range, I jumped out.

"Boo!"

Mike screamed a little, having not expected me to jump out like that. I laughed, clutching my sides a little after removing the makeshift costume.

"Oh man, you should have seen the look on your face. Consider it karma for last year!"

"Oh you little- Get back here!" Mike yelled as I ran outside the house, giggling like a mad man. He chased me all the way back to the house, where he grabbed me by the waist and swung me onto his shoulder, carrying me inside.

"Cheeky little bugger, aren't ya? Now hurry up and get your costume on so we can get out there. I know how much trick or treating means to you," he said, setting me down and shooing me off. I grinned at him, giving him a light kiss before dashing off.

×××

Walking through the streets, hand in hand with Mike, we made our rounds around the neighborhood. As it got later, we decided to head back home, wanting to get some sleep so we could wake up early and have more time together.

Laying in bed that night, I stared at the window, unaware of Mike walking into my room. It wasn't until he laid down and pulled me towards him did I notice. I turn towards him with a stupid smile on my face.

"You know, tonight was probably the best Halloween I've had in years. Thank you, Mike."

"Anything for you, darling. You know how much you mean to me," he murmured, pulling me even closer and giving me a light kiss on the head.

"Now get some sleep. I love you, good night."

"Love you too, old man. Night."

Today couldn't have been more perfect.