Oath (Blitz)

××× 💕 ×××

When I had originally joined the GSG9, I told myself I wouldn't fall in love. I knew it was a stupid thing to say, but I didn't want to put someone through the possibility of me not coming home. It'd save me the pain, too. The months we'd spend apart whenever I was called out. The days spent in training.

It was the same plan when I had joined Rainbow. However, with the addition of the CBRN unit, a certain somebody threw a wrench in my plan.

When Y/n first joined up with Rainbow, I didn't think much of him. He was just another person on the medical unit. Just another Gustave. It wasn't until I learned he was only staff rather than an operator, I couldn't help but find myself drawn towards him. During check ups, he'd make sure I was comfortable and always used the most gentle touch. If I came in hurt, he'd patch me up like nothing happen.

He'd fuss over his patients like a mother hen and I think everyone had felt drawn to him. It was why I had never made a move on him. Everyone had just assumed he was seeing Gustave. It made sense. The two were extremely close, rarely seen separated. It wasn't until Gustave came forward to admit there was a thing going on between him and Olivier.

Of course, I didn't leap at this opportunity. I told myself it would only end in pain. I have regretted every second of it. Right now, I watch as he gets close to Emma, jealousy flaring up in my stomach as my heart tightened.

Y/n glanced back towards me and I quickly looked away before fleeing the workshop, feeling his gaze burning into my back.

As I storm down the hall, I hear the workshop doors slam shut and footsteps rapidly approaching.

"Elias? Elias! Wait up, will you?" Y/n called out, skidding in front of me, arms out to keep me from moving forward. I scowled, although it hurt to treat him like this.

"What? Don't you have anything better to do than bother me?" I snapped, arms crossed. He glared at me before grabbing my arm and tugging me into an emtpt closet before he had me slammed against the closed door.

"I'm getting real sick of that, you know," he growled, frustration bubbling in his e/c eyes.

"Sick of what?" I asked, playing dumb. I wasn't going to allow myself to enjoy how close he was to me. I knew it'd only end terribly.

"Don't play dumb with me. Elias, I have been trying to get your attention for ages and everytime you try and pull this bullshit. Tell me. Tell me how you really feel about me and don't lie, either," Y/n demanded. I couldn't lie to him. Not anymore

"I like you, okay? More than I'm willing to admit. But you're always so close with the others, especially Emmanuelle! Don't tell me there's -"

I'm cut off before I can say anything more by the harsh, yet hesitant kiss from Y/n. It's shorter than I would like and can't help but lean toward him as he pulls away.

"That's all I needed to hear, Elias. There's nothing going on between me or anyone else. Especially not Emma. I'd rather not get in the way of her and Taina. Besides, Emma is more of a sister to me than anything else," he murmured against my lips. I found myself smiling as I went in for another kiss.

"So out of all the other people out there, I'm the only one that caught your attention?" I asked, genuinely curious.

"Are you kidding me? C'mon, Elias. You're not blind. You know how many people are after you. I'm more amazed I pulled you," he laughed, his eyes sparkling with admiration.

I smiled, gently cupping his face and giving him a light kiss.

"Who wouldn't fall for you, Y/n? Out of everyone in this agency, I think you're the only one we'd believe if you said you'd never done a single thing wrong in your life. You bring life to the agency, meine Liebe. Something we had desperately needed," I said. He leaned into my touch, not saying anything. But the relaxed, loving nature of his embrace was all I needed.

"Now, how about we go somewhere instead of continuing this in a closet? As much as I adore you, if this turns into our first night together I'd rather it not be surrounded by a bunch of cleaning supplies," I laughed. Y/n's face flushed furiously at that, shoving me out of the closet and dragging me towards his room.

I took an oath to myself I wouldn't fall in love. But how bad could this exception be?

××