A Letter to the Dead (Blitz)

It's gonna be really short cause I need to give y'all something but I've been playing dragon age for like, a week straight now and feel bad for leaving y'all like this so it's just gonna be a little letter :,)

×××🖤×××

It's been two years now, Liebe. The others are still sore about what happened, but I think they'll be okay. I think you'll be happy to know that our kid is doing great. She's recovering and I think she's finally accepting you're gone. Her grades are going back up and she's hanging out with friends, so that's about all I could ask for.

Marius is still pretty beat up about what happened. He still blames himself for not getting you out of there in time. He's never blames any else but himself. Gustav and Mina are just about in the same boat, although Gustav retired a year ago. He's taking time for himself and making more time for Olivier.

But enough about them. You're probably more worried about me, aren't you? I'm.. I'm about as okay as I can be. It's just not the same without you. Everything's so much more colder, so much more bland. When you left, it was so obvious someone was missing. It was so much worse than the time we almost lost Marius in New Mexico.

Everyone felt the effect of you leaving. Håvard quit joking around and stopped smiling so much, Jalal and Sam retired a month after the funeral. Meghan returned to active duty and dropped out of Rainbow. Mike hung it up just last week and retired. Mark flat out stopped talking, and James was so much more.. he was just kind of there. Seamus started overworking himself and Erik started leaving more and more. Eliza and Jordan started going out on more and more missions. Max sobered up and stopped being such a little daredevil. And I'm pretty sure old Aleksandr is gonna hang it up soon, make more time for Lera.

That's only the tip of the iceberg. Everyone misses you, meine Liebe. I miss you. It hurts, you know, going to sleep in an empty bed. Eating with an empty chair, going to gatherings with a missing person. I feel lost without you, but I'm managing. Oh, and how's old Dominic? We.. well we lost him a few days ago. He was KIA on an operation. I hope you guys are happy. I know how close of friends you two were.

I just need to know, if there's some possibility that you see these, that I love you. I never stopped loving you and I don't think I can love another as I did you.

Rest well, mein Liebster.

××