Work Hazards (Doc)

this thing has been sitting for god knows how long but just a heads up i watched ambulance while writing this, so the last bit is partially based on it!

seriously tho this is all over the place its been rotting for like a month 💀💀
××× 💕 ×××

I quietly worked over Tori, her shoulder wound having healed up nicely. She'd been injured a while back with this nasty shoulder wound. It ended up having to be stapled shut it was so bad. She was a little bummed she couldn't go out on missions until Gustave and I both gave the green light.

"How much time would you say I'm stuck here for?" She hummed, wincing slightly as I applied fresh bandages.

"You'll be able to go on low risk operations in around two weeks. You can't just go back to what you were doing before, after all," I said, making sure to be gentle as I tied them off.

"Must be nice, being able to go out all the time on missions," Tori grumbled. I paused, furrowing my brows.

"Tori, you do realize I'm only an assistant, correct? I myself cannot go out on the field unless Tav gives me permission or I'm called out by Six due to lack of medical staff or an overwhelming amount of casualties," I explained. She glanced at me, humming.

"I never knew that, honestly. With how much you're around Doc, I honestly expected you to be with him on missions. I mean, I get it. I wouldn't want to be on the field and worry about my boyfriend at the same time," she said, saying boyfriend so casually. It took me off guard as I coughed a little, trying to get my breathing back into the right rythm.

"Boyfriend?" I asked, completely bewildered.

"Yeah, aren't you and Doc together? Come on, with the way he looks at you and how close you two are, you really expect us to believe you're not?" Tori said, quirking a brow.

"No! No we're not! I don't think Tav even likes guys like that!" I panicked, my voice cracking slightly as I hid my blushing face.

I'll admit. I've liked the doctor for a while now. Honestly, I've wanted to tell him for ages now but I've always been too scared. There were so many doubts and too many second thoughts for me to say it to his face.

"Oh, but you admit you like him? I don't hear you denying it," she snickered as she pushed herself off the table. I hid my flushed face behind my hands, shooing her away.

"So what if I do? Have you seen Tav? Come on, you can't look at him and not want to kiss him," I retorted. Tori laughed at that, wincing a little as she jostled her shoulder.

"Oh whatever. Good luck having that chat, however. Doc is about six feet from you," she said, spinning me around to see a gaping Gustave.

"Fuck, okay hi Tav it's not what it sounds like, Tori was just messing around I-"

"Oh, go talk to him you idiot," Tori grumbled, shoving me towards him as she walked out of the med bay. Gustav caught, me still not saying anything.

I quickly moved to scramble out of his embrace, but he didn't let me. Instead, he held onto me by my waist, his chocolate eyes staring into mine as though searching for something.

"For the love of- okay, I do like you. A lot. A lot more than I know I should and I'm sorry I do but I can't help it. There's so much to you I love I couldn't say it all right now and I just-" I was able to finish my sentence before Tav moved his hands to my face, words forming on his tongue as he thought of what to say.

"Merde, you have no idea how badly I want to kiss you right now, Y/n," he murmured, his eyelids fluttering slightly. I paused, letting his words sink in before I closed the small gap between us, feeling his rough lips press against my own in a long awaited kiss.

"So, you're.. not mad?" I asked quietly as we pulled away. Tav gave a small smile, resting his forehead on mine.

"Of course not. To be frank, I've wanted to do that since I first took you on as an assistant. Well, there was another reason. I knew if I ever had a chance with you, I'd have to keep you safe somehow. And I think working as my assistant is much safer than being a paramedic," he hummed, his eyes still closed as if deep in thought.

"Oh whatever. Anyways, if you're not busy... Maybe we could go get a bite to eat, yeah?" I questioned. Tav laughed at little before pulling away, taking hand in his as he lead me towards the door.

"Already ahead of you."

××× Seven Months Later ×××

Outside of working at Rainbow, I was still a paramedic. This meant I was still called out for duty, especially on higher risk and casualty calls due to my experience working with Rainbow on the medical staff.

Which is how I landed here. I was called in to help with injuries on the scene of bank robbery, held hostage in the back. With a severely wounded officer.

And currently, I was trying to help said officer. While being held at gunpoint. In the middle of a police chase. Oh, yeah. It was only a little stressful.

Currently, the guy holding me at gunpoint was arguing with the driver, whom had been helping me this entire time. They had managed to escape the chase, but where they had taken refuge hadn't been safe, so we were forced to leave.

So obviously, we were rushing to the hospital right now, were I knew Tav would be waiting. He always refused to go on missions without me coming with now, scared I might get called in and something like this could happen and he wouldn't be there to stop or help it.

Guess he was right, about my job being more dangerous than his. At least he knew what he was getting into.

And so, that brings us here. We were finally stopped and surrounded by special forces-- Rainbow included. I already knew Tav was out there, waiting for me. Which is why I tried not to cry when I felt the cool press of a gun to my head and an arm wrap around my shoulders.

"Listen here, you're gonna do what I say, yeah? We're gonna walk out there and I'm going to walk out of there. If you even try to fight me, I'll put a bullet through your head, you hear?" He whispered in my ear as he kicked the back of the ambulance door open. I held my breath, tears streaming down my face as I squeezed my eyes shut.

There was a loud ringing in my ears and numerous shouts. I didn't know what was going on, only that this it was the first time I'd ever prayed since I was a boy.

And then suddenly, it was over. I felt the pressure of the gun lift off my head and someone pulled me away from the man and into their arms. When I finally opened my eyes, I was staring up into the face of my best friend and lover. Sobs racked my body as he held onto me, trying to calm me down.

"It's alright, mon amour. You're okay. You saved that officers life and the man who helped you is being treated right now," he murmured, pressing a kiss to my dirtied head.

"'Tav, please. Please let me work with you full time," I whispered. It'd always been a part time thing. I never asked to make it full time, enjoying the life as a paramedic. But after that.. I think I'll leave the paramedic stuff to Håvard.

"Of course, my dear. We can get everything settled and figured out once you're treated, okay? And, Y/n?" Tav started, pulling away for a moment to set his hands on my shoulders. "Never do that again. I love you so much and watching you in so much danger like that hurts more than a bullet wound."

"I promise, Tav. I promise. I love you too."

×××