Homecoming (Jäger)

A/n: after a while I will start calling homecoming hoco. Idk if anyone else calls it that but it's what my school personally calls it, so it's just easier for me :))

××× 🌟💫 ×××

It was homecoming week, meaning it was the homecoming came in only a few days. The school was buzzing with excitement and I couldn't wait. I always loved homecoming football games. We always had so much fun playing them, no matter if we won or lose.

Obviously, the one down side to it was that everyone but the one person I wanted was asking me to go to hoco. So of course I rejected them. It's not that I was self-centered, it was the fact they weren't Marius.

Marius Streicher. He's the reason I did football. My only thoughts while I ever played were that maybe if I became a star, he'd notice me. He did, considering he was on the team, but he never really talked to me. I always tried dropping sutble hints but he never got them.

It was my junior year and I was starting to give up. I'd been trying for three years now and he hasn't done anything. Well, that leads me to now. In front of a group of girls who were all asking me out.

"Come on, Y/n! You've never gone to hoco with anyone before! Let me change that," the first one said. It was Eliza. Don't get me wrong, she was very pretty. But I didn't care all too much for girls.

"Yeah! One of us would be the better option over whoever you're trying to bring every year," Tori tried to bargain. Again, she was pretty and her accent was nice, but not my type.

"But I'd definitely be the best option to bring, don't you think?" Apha begged, her dark eyes wide. All of them were very nice and attractive, but I knew a couple guys on the team already had their eyes set on them. So I directed them towards the guys.

"Sorry, I'm just not interested. There's someone else I wanna go with. I'm sure some of the other guys will gladly go with you," I explained gently, pushing them away from me as I headed towards the locker rooms to get ready. It was Friday night, and I still hadn't done anything about asking Marius out. I can do it tonight after we win.

Walking into the noisy locker room, I spotted Seamus already by my locker. I rolled my eyes as he spotted me, pulling my locker open to grab my gear.

"Gee Y/n. Has Marius ask you out yet?" He snickered, rather loudly. I choked a littl, slapping a hand over his mouth.

"Shut up man! I'm asking him tonight after we win, so you better put your all into this game," I grumbled, letting my hand slip off his face. Speaking of, Marius walked into the locker room next, also probably having rejected a few girls. Maybe he accepted one and I was getting my hopes up too high. I worried my lip between my teeth as my mind went overboard on this.

Shaking my head to clear my thoughts, we followed everyone else out to field.

×××

It was fourth quarter, 28-14. We were in the lead and there was two minutes left. I was sweaty and my muscles ached and screamed, yelling at me to sit down, take a break. But I couldn't when we were so close. Steeling up my determination, I got back into position. My mind was racing, nerves humming with excitement.

I don't even know when I got the ball, but I was streaking down the field towards the end zone with straight tunnel vision.

That was my mistake. I was so focused on getting that touchdown, I hadn't noticed one of their bigger guys barreling towards me. In a heap of limbs, he tackled me down and my eyes went wide as I felt my leg suddenly go numb. The dude clambered off me, raising a hand to help me up. I grabbed, hauling myself up, but collapsing almost immediately as a searing, twitching pain raced across my leg from my ankle.