Patience (Jäger)

××× 💕 💫 ×××

It's always been hard for me to make friends, or even holds conversations. People end up getting annoyed with me, so I doubted I would get any friends, let alone a partner. But I did. And I couldn't ask for anyone better.

Y/n was the greatest thing that I think could have happened to me. His patience was endless, his words always kind ones, his gestures and touch always gentle.

And anytime he looked at me. Oh god Everytime I caught sight of those deep, loving, e/c eyes, I fell even deeper in love with him. He always took such great care of me and was always there to cheer me up, always knowing what to do and say.

So obviously, after three years of being together, I thought the next step would be asking him to stay with me forever. I mean, hey, Y/n Streicher has a nice ring to it.

××× Y/n's POV ×××

Walking into the office, I noticed Marius and got excited. He would drop by sometimes on his days off just to visit me. It seemed like he was talking to 'Tav, so obviously I waited until he was finished. When he was done, he noticed me pretty quickly, grinning.

I headed over to him, pulling him into a gentle and caring hug before giving him a small kiss.

"It's nice to see you here, Mari. We're you just dropping by to talk to 'Tav or were you here to visit me," I teased, letting him take my hand in his own rougher ones.

"Of course I came over to visit, SchweißherzSchweißherz," he answered, smiling. I always loved it when he called me that. He knew he could always say sweetheart, but I always loved it more when it was in German.

"Good, because it'll be a quite day. Dom and Seamus are off, but knowing Seamus he'll probably get himself hurt. But Tav can handle him. I hope. Anyways, come on we can go chat in my office for a bit," I said, leading him towards my own, smaller office.

"Okay, I get off in like, three hours. It's already pretty late so why don't we just watch a movie or something later?" I asked, twirling around in my chair. Mari smiled at that, nodding as he glanced around my office. Despite being here quite a bit, he always looked so amazed that there were pictures of him here. Some where just him, some were with me. My favorite, however, is definitely the one I have hanging on the door. It's one of Marius sleeping, all curled up around a giant teddy bear I had gotten him for his birthday one year. He always insisted I take it down because it was embarrassing, but I loved it. Everytime i looked at I think I just fell more and more in love with him.

"That's sound great. Maybe I can convince Gustav to let you off early, since it's quiet and most of the operators are already back home," he said, leaning back in his seat as he studied, eyeing my eyes like an engineer would a project. Or, in Marius's case, a plane.

"I can ask. I'm sure Tav wouldn't mind. Hold on, I'll go ask now," I grinned, quickly getting up and scurrying away. After a bit of persuading, Tav said I could go in an hour.

"Sweet. Just meet me in my room as usual, ja?" Mari asked, my hands in his as I nodded, allowing him to give me a light kiss on the forehead. "See you in a bit, love you."

"Love you too, Mari."

×××

About half an hour before I got off, Dominic came in with a light limp and clutching his arm, a sheepishly smile on his face. I sighed, sitting him down.

"What happened now?" I asked, carefully taking his arm.

"I may or may not have tried upping the wattage on my batteries. Safe to say the workshop needs need wiring," he chuckled.

"Of course. Just let the others know and fess up to Six. Anyways, do you know what Mari needed to talk to Tav about?" I pried. If anyone knew anything, it was Dominic. Him and Marius were best friends, almost conjoined at the hips. Dom smirked at my question, shrugging one shoulder as I checked everything over.

"Oh, just that he was asking if he could get you a couple days free for something special he's got planned. That's more than I should tell you, so the rest you can figure out. Besides, it'll be better as a surprise," he snickered, allowing me to wrap up and put cream on a few burn areas.

"God you're awful! Get outta here. I'll let Six you won't be doing any recruit training or much work around here while those get healed up. And quit messing with the wattage on those batteries!" I scolded him, shooing him out of the med bay as I started putting stuff away, clocking out for the night.

×××

Later that night, I was curled up in Marius's arms, content as a movie played. Despite the noise of the movie, my thoughts were elsewhere. What was Mari planning? Our anniversary was last week, so it wasn't that. My birthday had been three months ago, so it wasn't that either. What could it be?

××× A week later, Jäger's POV ×××

I fidgeted with my hands, waiting for Y/n to be done. I invited him out tonight, the ring discreetly hidden in a pocket. I planned on taking him to a nearby festival and then taking him to my favorite spot at night, where I'd ask the question.

The sound of his door opening pulled me out of me thoughts. I smiled at the sight of him, his h/l, h/c locks swept back neatly beneath a hat, his s/c Skin complemented by the dark jeans and snug, f/c (favorite color) shirt.

"Alright, gonna tell me where we're going now?" He asked, taking my hand as we headed out.

I laughed, squeezing his hand lightly, "You'll see what we get there."

××× a few hours later ×××

Y/n stared at the sky, his eyes a glowing e/c under the starlight. He looked even more beautiful than I could have imagined. I was a little ways behind him, letting him relish in the moment as I fiddled with the ring a bit. After a while of silent contemplation, I finally spoke.

"Y/n. This is gonna sound cheesy, but I can't imagine my life without you. You gave me not only a loving boyfriend, but a best friend too. You're the sweetest, kindest, gentlest person I know and you never get annoyed with me. Your patience for me is something I could have never fathomed and I think I'd like to make it last a bit longer. So what to you say to being a thief and taking my last name?"

He slun around slowly, his eyes wide, a large grin splitting his tear stained face as he ran towards me, nodding vigorously. He laughed, sniffling a little as he took the ring from me.

"I love you so much, Mari."

"And I love you just as much, Schweißherz."

×××