Chapter 05

Drake

We had three packs attending our school including humans. So the list was nearly thirty. I rubbed my face. Was I really going to do this? Why was she making this hard?

Somehow I checked them all within three days. None of them had my mate's scent and I was disappointed.

Ian said we had to check people who visited school that day too. So we got five people on that list, including a sixty years old granny. My friends bursted out laughing. Urgh! Seriously!

I checked on other four but backed out not wanting to check on a granny. She was the last person and I definitely didn't want a granny as my mate. But others pushed me towards the door and dragged me there eventhough I was against it. My friends said they don't want to hear any complaints later...

Ian and Roy held me from both side and blood drained from my face when they knocked on the door. When granny appeared I was relieved and happy. She wasn't my mate.

Thank goddess!

I didn't know where was my mate and what was she doing, but she was putting me through hell.

My friends started to doubt whether I actually smelled my mate's scent or not. Well I started to have doubts myself. But my wolf said it was definitely her. So I just believed him. And with what happened next my friends started to believe me too.

It was a sunny day and the air felt good. So we decided to spend our free period outside just like other students. Most of students were busy doing their school works or they just hung out.

I was having a nap or rather thinking about my mate, when my phone started to ring non-stop and I took it out annoyed. It was an unknown number so I ignored it without a second thought. But before I could put it away a message came.

'Answer the call Alpha. It's your mate!'

I sat up straight shocked, making my friends startled. I showed them the message quickly before answering the call.

So she knew I was her mate.

"Hello!" I said eager to hear her voice. Others listened to our conversation giving their full attention.

"Hello Alpha!" She said. But I could say she was trying to make her voice unrecognisable. I felt disappointed and sad.

"You are not letting me hear your real voice too"

"Smart!" She said. "I heard you went through a lot trying to find me"

"If you knew why didn't you come forward. I'm your mate after all" I said. 

"Well that's the problem. I didn't expect you to be my mate" She sighed.

"Why? Are you disappointed?" I asked eventhough my heart ached with pain.

"No!" she replied quickly. I smiled. "It's just we won't go well together. I never wanted to be a Luna"

"So what do you want me to do? And how do you hide your scent?"

"Well.. I have my ways" She went silent for a moment. "Reject me Alpha!"

I was stunned for a moment. I hadn't even get to see her yet but she didn't want me already? I gripped my phone tightly, pain and anger seeping through me. And I was fighting with my wolf to keep it under. I got up trying to walk away from the crowd just in case if I couldn't control my wolf or myself.

"Where are you going?" She asked.

My eyes widened in realisation. Was she watching us all this time? I turned back and mindlinked Roy and Ian.

'She is watching us. Look for her'

They were surprised to hear that but nodded their heads. Without making it suspicious they walked away. And I searched around trying to figure out where could she be.

'Keep talking to her' Roy mindlinked me.

"Okay let's meet first. I'll decide then" I told her.

"No, reject me now!"

She was really pushing my buttons. "Give me your name. I need to know your name to reject you" I smiled victoriously.

"Promise me in the name of the moon goddess. Then I'll give you my name or even I'll come and meet you"

That was it!

"Baby, listen to me carefully" I growled. "If you are hiding then do your best to hide from me. Because the moment I find you I'm going to mark you and make you mine" I threatened.

She was silent for a moment before spoke up again. "You sent a search party for me?" Her amused voice came through the phone.

'Shit! She found out' I mindlinked others back.

"I have to go now. Let's talk about this later" she hung up.

I walked towards the woods and changed into my wolf ripping my clothes away. We both were in pain and were angry at the same time. We lost her again. Why was she doing this? She was not giving me any chance or a valid reason.

But I was determined to find her and make her mine. And that chance would come soon.

After I calmed down I went back to the pack house where others stayed waiting for me. They had a sorry expression on their faces but I ignored them. I collapsed on the sofa in the living room, mentally and physically exhausted.

"Your mate is smart. She got away even before we could figured out where she was" Ian said. 

"She was confident that we wouldn't be able to find her" Another guy said.

"What if she's same age as ours? Then we missed her from the beginning" Roy groaned.

"She is giving absurd reasons" Claire said. "but she is too confident and will make a mistake...so that's when we'll find out who your mate is.."