Chapter 27

Hello guys!
This book reached from 1k views to over 3k views just over the weekend. And I couldn't be more happier. I'm grateful and it's encouraging.

Thank you for giving your time and support. I would like thank these readers for their support. It means lot to me.
Tweet25, fionefairy, an_angel_loves, @Brooke_ly

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Elly

Last night was the longest night I ever had. I was thinking about Drake all night long and fell into sleep only few hours before sunrise. I thought I would be so tired and drained out, but surprisingly I felt good and energetic when I woke up. The moment I opened my eyes, first thought came to my mind was Drake and I felt blood rushed to my cheeks while I grinned like an idiot.

I never thought I would act like this because of Drake, my mate. I couldn't believe the thoughts I had for him and how possessive I felt towards him. Him being my mate and looking at him from a different view made me feel strange. But it gave me happiness and I had this crave to be near him and feel his touch.

'Perks of ignoring the mate bond for a long time'

My wolf mocked in my head. I huffed shaking my head not approving my wolf's dramatic change after Drake's confession. She switched her role from supportive wolf to annoying wolf the second she felt Drake's sincerity and reminded me always that I have to complete the mating sooner.

I knew she missed our mate so much. But unlike other wolves she didn't push me to do something that I didn't like out of the love she had for me. The moment she came into my life she was able to read my memories and felt exact emotions I felt during that time. So that was why she took my side even though it hurt her to reject our mate.

But after the talk with Drake, my wolf knew I had no grudge against him and she pulled the memories out to show me how he was when we were young. His kind heart, those eyes that twinkled with happiness and his breathtaking smile that he put on every time he saw me. Those were the things that made me fall in love with him in the first place and remembering that I would be seeing those everyday for the rest of my life, made me gush over him all over again.

'And we'll be the only one to see them because he is ours'

My wolf said possessively. And she was right!

I could understand now what Lisa meant by saying it was hard to not to complete the mate bond because of wolves. They occupied our mind with thoughts about our mate and put very dirty ideas into our heads every moment they had a chance. But I had a good control over my wolf as well as myself. I wouldn't be in this place today if I had let my emotions run everywhere without focusing on my priorities.

I didn't want to love him because of the bond. I always wanted to fall in love naturally and I believed it would make our bond stronger. Since I already forgave him, I let my feelings towards him run freely but trust was something he had to earn.

So many thoughts ran over my mind as I got ready to go to school. And I didn't put any perfumes even though I doubted Drake's self control. As usual the house was quiet since my parents left early to work and I smelled Drake's scent as soon as I came down. I breathed it in and opened my front door only to pinned against it. Sparks erupted everywhere from my body as he pressed himself against mine. He kept me in place by holding my waist from both of his hands. Drake buried his head in the crook of my neck and inhaled my scent making me blush. I gripped his shirt tightly as he placed small kisses along my neck. I was breathless and was slowly giving in, but I managed to talk to him somehow.

"Drake!" I whispered letting out shaky breaths.

He stopped but bit my shoulder lightly before pulling away. I gasped seeing his black eyes as they stared deep into my soul. Hesitantly I took a step forward and placed a small kiss on his cheek. He slowly calmed himself down as his eyes brought back to his original colour. He smirked making me sigh in relief.

"I wasn't trying to mark you" he teased.

I glared at him, "I know and you promised" I reminded him.

"Then why did you want to stop?"

That caught me off guard and I put my hands on my face to cover my blush. "I...ah...um...b..because we're going to be late" I pushed him off and ran out of his hold. He chuckled and started to follow me after closing the door.

He helped me settle in my seat and opened the back door to get something out of it. I looked at him surprised when he placed a bouquet of beautiful roses in my hands. He smiled and looked at me lovingly.

"You smell like roses, beautiful!"

"Really?!"

"Hm.."

"Wow!" I smelled the roses, "and you smell like cedarwood mixed with clary" I looked at him smiling, "it's very strong and intoxicating"

"Yours too" He smiled.

I blushed at that and he leaned forward making me sink into the seat. He kissed my cheeks making me blush more and my breath hitched when he kissed corner of my mouth grazing his lips on mine. My skin tingled and I jumped on my seat when he closed my door loudly.

He had a triumphant smile on his face and I glared at him when he sat on the driver's seat. He chuckled and winked my way as I looked away to hide my smile.