Chapter 32

Elly

Something wasn't right and I felt it the moment Drake talked through the mindlink. But I didn't push it and looked like he wanted to forget it at the moment. We enjoyed the run. Specially when you run with someone whom you cherish, it could become fun and exciting. And that was how I felt and I didn't want to ruin the moment by asking what was bothering him.

We reached the Lily pond that was in the middle of the forest and changed behind the trees into our human forms. I looked at the big tshirt that stopped in my mid thighs. I felt awkward and nervous. I wore these shirts whenever I changed into my human form after a good run in the forest. But usually I was alone and I didn't mind how short it was as long as it covered my necessary body parts.

But tonight it was different. I was here with my mate and letting him see you like this was a big No! Unless you want something to happen... I heard Drake walk towards the tree that I was behind and I hesitatingly took a step around it. I could see him few feet away wearing only a short and he watched me intently as I walked out.

Air left my lungs as my back hit the tree roughly. And I didn't get the chance to think about anything as the warm lips pressed into mine and his body brought the warmth making me forget about the chilly night. His kiss was hungry and he pushed me further leaving no gap between our bodies. Escaping was impossible and his hands roamed freely. I joined him but I kept my sanity not wanting to take this any further other than kissing.

He kissed like there was no tomorrow and looked like he wanted to drown in them forgetting about the real world we lived in. I pushed him back but it was not easy. And he tried to kiss me again but I stopped him.

"What's wrong?"

I asked trying to read the emotions that flashed across his eyes. But he didn't reply instead he hugged me tightly inhaling my scent like he was determined to not to let me go.

"You're mine!" He whispered.

I pulled back and stared into his eyes, "I'm yours and you're mine, whether you like it not" I said.

He cracked a smile and I sighed in relief. I placed my head on his chest and inhaled his scent as he kissed the top of my head. After few minutes we pulled apart and walked towards the pond to sit down. Drake pulled me against him hugging me from behind and put his chin on my shoulder. And I leaned back letting myself relax into his embrace.

I closed my eyes and listened to the sounds of insects that echoed through the quiet, peaceful night. Some were trying to attract mates while some were just being noisy eaters. Either way they didn't care about the Alpha when other animals kept their distance sensing his wolf. It was a beautiful night but my focus was on Drake as I heard him sigh few times now.

"Elly"

'Finally' I thought. "Yes?!"

"I want to talk to you about something"

"Okay! I'm listening"

"I...I want to tell our parents about us..tomorrow night" he blurted out.

"What?!" I turn to look up at his face, "why suddenly?"

He sighed, "there's no special reason. I thought it would be good if we tell them tomorrow together. Since I'm the future Alpha it's very important for them to know about my mate" he stared into my eyes, "I want to mark and mate you Elly! But I'm not going to push you for that. I just want to tell our parents not the whole pack so..."

I sighed. He was right. We should at least tell our parents, "Okay! Let's do it" I said earning a big smile from him.

"Thank you baby! You don't know how worried I was" He kissed my forehead and I pecked his cheek.

"You worried for nothing" I said.

Finally we spent the rest of the time enjoying each other's company before we got up to leave. We bid goodbye and decided to have a good night sleep since we had a big day tomorrow. My mom put her name in the history of medicine along with mine so the party was to celebrate us and I really hoped everything to go well tomorrow even though the news was going to shock them a lot.

Tomorrow arrived a lot quicker than expected and the party was going to start in another hour. I did my make-up simple and let my hair fall down after curling them at the end. Mom picked me a red lace vintage evening dress with short lace sleeves and it ended few inches above my knees. It had a solid bodice that fit my upper body perfectly and from my waist it flared down. I paired it with black heels and wore black stud earrings to complete my look. I looked simple yet elegant and I silently thanked my mom for her choice.

"You look so beautiful, honey!" My mom said kissing my cheek.

Dad didn't say anything but gave me a look of approve and his eyes twinkled with pride. I smiled at them and got into the car looking forward to meet others at the party, specially Drake. Never in my life I thought that the day which was supposed to be happy and fun, would be the day my biggest nightmare became true...