Chapter 13

Drake

I let myself fall to the ground as I had no energy left in my body. I lay on the floor, looking up at my white ceiling trying to calm down my uneven breathing. My eyes wondered for a second before they landed on a gift box that fell out from my broken side table drawers.

A tear escaped my eyes and I crawled towards it but didn't touch. I sat up and leaned against the wall staring at the box. And tears fell from my eyes involuntarily as I reminded of what happened at the clearing.

What did I expect all this time? Eventhough I ignored it, I guessed I always had hoped Elly to be my mate. And I felt like someone crushed my hopes and stabbed in my heart when they announced them being mates. I let out a shaky breath before wiping away my tears.

After some time someone knocked on the door but I didn't bother to reply. I stayed silent still sitting on the floor and they walked in looking at the mess I created in my room. Roy and Ian watched me silently and I stared at the wall infront me not wanting to talk.

Roy looked at the gift box near me and looked at me again. Then he shared a look with Ian and rubbed his face sighing deeply. He silently walked towards the windows and leaned against the wall near it. Ian closed the door and sat on my bed after clearing some space for him. We stayed silent until Ian spoke up.

"Are you okay?"

I glared at him. He sighed. "Okay! Are you hurt anywhere?"

I didn't want to answer but... "No!"

He hummed in response but said nothing after.

"Did you smell your mate?" That was Roy. I growled annoyed.

I wanted to get away from everyone after what happened in the clearing. I tried to turn into my wolf and run away, to sort out my feelings. But Roy and Ian didn't let me. They asked those unmated wolves to turn into their wolves forms and run, to see if I could smell my mate. But no! She wasn't there or I couldn't smell her. I was desperate to leave that place and after one look at Josh and....Elly,  I came running to my room.

I couldn't remember what happened exactly but I did want to let out all my pain and frustration on someone or something. So here I was, in my room which looked like a storm had barged in, everything was broken and torn apart.

"Did you or did you not find your mate?" Roy asked again. I got up and growled warning him and Ian stood up too.

"Roy!" He shouted.

"I'm not stupid okay!" Roy fumed. "Do you think I didn't know that you liked my sister all this time" he asked me looking straight in my eyes. "The way you look at her or how you looked disappointed when she didn't move in or when she found her mate, I noticed them all"

I eyes widened in surprised but I looked away not wanting to reply.

"You always searched for her in the crowd. And when you see her your face light up like a stupid bulb"

Ian chuckled but stopped when I glared at him. He coughed and cleared his throat.

"It's true Drake, we all had noticed"

I sighed giving up. There was nothing to hide anymore and looked like they figured everything out eventhough I didn't tell anyone anything.

"She found her mate Drake, so focus on finding yours. I promised, you will forget Elly the moment you find your mate. The bond can't be ignored"

Roy tried to give me an encouraging smile and I nodded my head. I hoped it to be true. Ian didn't say anything because that idiot was waiting for his mate too.

"Everyone in the pack house was scared. We all heard you and they thought you would tear down the place. We explained that you were angry because of your mate. But I guess some didn't buy it" Ian said.

I opened the mindlink and apologised to everyone through it. I walked out and entered an empty room. I might have to stay here until they fix mine. I wasn't sure how would I react when I see the new couple. Since Josh lived here, she might need to move in with her mate. I hoped she wouldn't. I couldn't even imagine them together and how could I see them here everyday? I felt like ripping this room apart too. I should have gone for a run in the woods.

At the school everyone talked about the newly mated couple and Biyanka was having emotional breakdowns. She didn't show it but I could see how broken she was when she saw the couple. She deserved it. One good thing that came out of it was that Biyanka forgot about me. She left me alone to drown in her own sad world and I appreciated it a lot. I didn't have any energy or mood to deal with her too.

And about my mate, I would leave her alone for few days as I wanted some time for myself. It was hard to believe that she beat up and escaped our two warriors. Mike said she was smart and skilful fighter. I should have known at that time, she couldn't be Elly, because Elly never had trained with anyone. But who knew I was wrong and the truth was bound to come out in the end.