Chapter 22

Elly

I let out a deep breath and tried to wrap my mind around what just happened. I caressed my neck and shivered remembering how he grazed his canines over the marking spot. I shook my head trying to forget everything and decided to put it aside until tomorrow.

Josh dropped me at the hospital after the school, because my mom asked me to come there. She wanted to introduce me to her mentor who visited personally to congratulate us on our achievements.

Professor Alaric was a well respected doctor in our werewolf society, and that was why Alpha Anderson and my father were there to greet him too.

He was a nice person and also a funny guy. He told us how he wanted my mom to be his son's mate and if not his wife. My mom blushed and laughed but my father glared at him all the time. I smiled at my father's childish behaviour but who knew I was professor Alaric's next target.

It was my turn to blush when he asked me that would I like to meet his grandson who was in his first year at the Medical college. Alpha Anderson grunted and my father clearly showed his displeasure but the professor didn't care.

As of sensing the rising tense in the air, my mom distracted the professor by taking him away to visit the laboratory. And I bursted out laughing at my father who swore to kill the professor if he ever talked about his grandson again. Surprisingly Alpha Anderson nodded his head agreeing.

I was kind of relieved when I understood that Drake hadn't told anybody yet. But it was short lived when Roy called me through the phone. I blocked them all on purpose to prevent anyone from mindlinking but I guessed I should have blocked them on phone too. I hesitated to answer the call but did it anyway.

"Elly...! You blocked me from mindlinking?!" Roy yelled through the phone. But I stayed silent. "You can't ignore us forever or Drake!" 

My cheeks heated up. Roy surely didn't want to beat around the bush. I gripped the phone tightly as part of me wanted to be angry at him for talking to me like that.

"Why did you call Roy?" I asked bit loudly.

I heard him sigh. "No need to be angry" He said, his voice was low. "I called you because...." he hesitated. "Did you agree to meet that professor's grandson?" 

My eyebrows raised at that question. "Why do you want to know?"

"You should have asked 'Who'?!" Roy replied. My eyes widened. "He can hear you. So?"

"No, I didn't" I said flatly.

"Alright then! We're coming to pick you up tomorrow in the morning. And.."

"Josh will pick me up" I interrupted. I heard a growl on the other side.

"Don't drag him into this mess, Elly" Roy snapped. "Josh already got back with Biyanka and that's why Drake let him go" he said. Okay! That was news to me too. "You know how overprotective and possessive we are over our mates, specially Alphas. Yet you decided to play this game!"

"I wasn't playing a game Roy!" I snapped back. "I didn't want to be the laughing stock again, where everyone bullied me for the same reason that I'm trying to avoid now" I growled in anger. "Do you care about me at all?" I asked my voice breaking at the end and hung up before he could say anything.

Roy called me one more time but I didn't pick up. Then my phone vibrated letting me know that I received a message. I sighed and opened it to read. It was from Roy.

'Drake and I weren't a part of what had happened two years ago. And I do care about you. I know he hurt you in the past but Elly! please give him a chance. He waited for you all his life. And I know for sure he wouldn't let anything happen to you this time. Trust me!'

I sighed letting out my frustration and threw my phone away annoyed like it was the reason for all my problems. I chuckled sarcastically as I was angry with myself for not being able to do anything about my situation. When I was about to go outside to go for a run Josh mindlinked me asking me to meet him in our backyard. Great! I wanted to talk to him too.

"Josh!" I shouted as soon as I got out from the back door. He emerged from the tree line that separated our backyard and the woods. I crossed my hands over my chest and glared at him.

"You should have told me you know...this is not...." I trailed off seeing the person who followed Josh behind.

"Biyanka?!" I asked surprised. Why did she come?

I waited until they reached me and stood infront of me. Josh was wearing only a short while Biyanka wore a tshirt that reached her mid thighs. Looked like they went for a run together. I quirked my eyebrows at Josh but he only smiled.

"Thank you!" I looked at Biyanka shocked. Did she just say what I heard? She gave me a nervous smile.

"Because of you I understood how much he means to me" She said while holding Josh's hand and Josh only smiled back looking at her with so much love in his eyes.

"I'm happy for you guys!" I said honestly, looking in-between two. "Specially for you, Josh" I gave him a warm smile.

He nodded his head smiling back, "thank you!"

"Drake will be a great mate too" Biyanka whispered. I gaped at her and turned towards Josh angrily. Josh quickly put his hands up.

"She saved me when Drake TRIED! to kill me" he chuckled. "He was so angry but let me go after I explained everything" Josh grabbed my hands, "and I'm happy for you too. You deserve someone like Drake!"