Chapter 34

Elly

I was stunned for moment as so many questions flooded my mind with fear crawling in.

How did she know?

Who were 'we' that she talked about?

Why they were against me being Luna?

And most of all what the hell was going on?

I was confused and tears pricked my eyes with so many emotions rushing through my mind. Fear of losing Drake was the strongest and I didn't know why her threat make me feel so weak even though I knew I had so many people on my side.

'Fear of losing your mate is the greatest fear we all have. The thought itself makes us feel weak' my wolf replied.

I shook my head to clear my unnecessary thoughts. Nobody knew so how...?

"When the young Alpha left the room smelling like you I had to confirm whether the rumour was true or not. Huh!" She flipped her blonde hair and looked at me with her blue eyes that held so much hatred in it, "you were studying to be the pack doctor...and now what?! The future Luna?! Don't you think you're being too greedy. Two most important roles belong to one person? Isn't your mother's FAMOUS! reputation not enough for your family" She huffed, "Let's not forget about your father being the head of warriors too" she spat.

Everybody who knew our family knew about Aunt Christabella very well. She was the Queen bee in her school years while my mom was the straight 'A' student who brought fame to her school through her competitions and research. People admired my mom who was kind and humble than the Queen bee who was mean and bitchy. For Aunt Christa my mom was her enemy who stole her spotlight and fame which was rightfully belonged to her, or she thought.

She was one of elders' daughter and she thought her mate would be someone with a high rank. She lost hope being the Luna when Alpha Anderson found his mate. And again when Beta Thomas found his mate. But she still had hope on my father who waited for his mate for almost three years.

I heard that she nearly killed my mom when she heard that her enemy mated to her last hope, my father, the head warrior of the pack. Again proving that my mom was a obstacle in her path to her happiness. But what shocked everyone was the guy who she found as her mate in the end, my uncle. He was my mother's older brother and was my father's best friend. Talk about irony!

Uncle Matt wasn't a warrior or a doctor or anyone famous at that. He was a funny guy who had the biggest heart of all and he loved us as much as he loved his own family. Uncle visited us on every occasion while Aunt Christa stayed away not wanting to meet any of us and we were grateful for that. Because she never had nice things to say other than mean and hurtful words that she threw towards us at every chance she got.

I was her second favourite person when it came to hatred, after my mother of course. She hated that I was like my mom and thought I was stealing her daughters' rightful spot, just like my mother did to her. But when Biyanka became the Queen bee with twins by her side, she lost some of her reasons to blame me. But she couldn't blame Biyanka either since her grandfather was an elder who was much higher than twins' grandfather in the pack.

If she ever gave an emotion towards me it was only hate. So when she gave me a disgusted look I was confused, until she spat out the reason by herself. I felt uneasy knowing that this was not going to end well. I clenched my hands and gritted my teeth seeing we were gathering a crowd. And I did not do well infront of a crowd.

"Aunt Christabella he is my mate" I gritted my teeth whispering as I was on the edge of breaking down. I hated arguments or specially being in the center of attention with the wrong person. And I hated being in the same space as her.

"So?!" She glared at me, "do you expect us to let this go just like that" she laughed sarcastically.

I looked around praying Drake or anyone from my family to appear so I could get away from this upcoming big trouble. I tried to mindlinked Roy and Drake but I didn't succeed. And I failed to mindlinked others since Aunt Christa interrupted me every time I tried. My eyes widened when I saw Bella twins behind Aunt Christa with a evil grin on their faces. Then I knew who was 'us' she talked about and also I knew this was just the beginning of my misery.

"Do you know mom, she played with Drake doing hide and seek?"

I choked on my own saliva and coughed furiously as I not wanted to hear anything anymore. But it was not enough for me to get out of there and the voice next spoke made me froze on the spot, making my head to snap towards that direction.

"What's going on here?" Alpha Anderson asked annoyed seeing Aunt Christa next to me. It was clear he didn't like her either.

My eyes moved to the people standing behind him, that very people that I wished to appear long time ago. But now I wished they weren't here at all.

"Ah Alpha! It's good that you're here" She gave a wicked smile and pointed towards me, "This girl...she doesn't deserve to be the Luna of this pack"