Chapter 20

Elly

When the school was over I ran to Josh's car and got in. He was already inside the car waiting for me.

"Hurry up!"

I shouted and look back to see if I could see anyone from Drake's group. I avoided Drake all throughout the day. I knew he was looking for a chance to talk with me and I didn't want to give him one. I didn't expect him to find out so soon and I hadn't prepared my mind to face him like this.

I needed to come up with something so even if he asked me I would be able to deny the truth easily. When Josh drove his car out of the school, I let out a breath that I didn't realise I was holding. I buried my head in my hands. I felt like I was dying.

"Are you okay?! I thought your heart would jump out of your body. It was beating that fast" Josh asked worried.

"I'm okay!" I sighed, "Drake was on my tail all day. I avoided him since I didn't want to talk to him"

"How long are you going to avoid him, Elly? It's not good to make him angry. He is an Alpha and you're his mate. Naturally he's possessive over you" he said.

"He has to reject me. I'm not going to be a Luna to him or to this pack. I never wanted to be" I spat angrily.

"Ouch!" Josh smiled faking it but I could see the hurt in his eyes. I looked away.

"Just don't let him come near me or touch me. That's all I'm asking from you" I mumbled and I saw him nod his head from the corner of my eyes. We stayed silent after that and Josh dropped me at the hospital.

Next day I went to the school prepared and determined. No matter what, I would not accept that he was my mate and I had answers in my mind for all his questions that he might ask. I knew Drake was going to talk to me today when Roy asked me to meet him during lunch. And I told him to meet me in the library because first, there would be no one inside except me and Josh and second, I didn't want anybody hear what we talk about.

So when the lunch time came I took my time to go to the library and tried to calm down my beating heart. I was nervous and afraid but there was no turning back.

I went inside and seated in the far corner of the library. Josh said he would be here in five minutes and I prayed for Drake to not to come before him. But luck wasn't on my side and I smelled his scent even before he entered the library. My heart started to beat faster and I started to sweat. I had time before he finds me so I tried to calm down myself and mindlinked Josh.

I felt his eyes on me and he walked towards me slowly. I had my head buried in a book and he stood few feet away.

"Elly!"

His deep voice sent a shiver down my spine and I shut my eyes squeezing before opened again. I looked up and my breath hitched. He looked so handsome!

"Alpha!" I got up and bowed my head. "Wh..where is Roy?" I stuttered. My throat was dry and I looked around for others. I saw Josh enter and smiled inwardly. I looked at Drake again when I heard him sigh.

"Elly, I need to talk to you"

"Why do you need to talk to my mate Drake?" Josh walked past him and came to my side, putting his hand over my shoulder in a protective manner.

'Save me if he trys to kill me' Josh mindlinked me.

Drake looked at his hand over my shoulder and growled glaring at him. Josh visibly flinched and I saw Roy, Claire, Ian and other two boys running towards us. Great! More audience. They stood behind Drake but said nothing.

"Let go of her, mutt!" Drake spat and my heart skipped a beat.

"What do you want?" I shouted getting his attention towards me. His head snapped towards me and eyes soften.

"I need to talk to you Elly"

"Why?!"

"I know that you're my mate"

I laughed sarcastically. "What?! Are you trying to make fun of me again like you did two years ago?" I saw everyone flinched at that and Drake had this look of hurt.

"I apologised Elly! Please give me a chance. We're mates after all" he pleaded.

"We. Are. Not. Mates" I said angrily. "Do I smell like your mate?" I questioned knowing he had no answer for that.

"You're hiding it"

"Really!" I looked surprised but that made Drake angry.

"Let's go for sparks then" he tried to grabbed my hand but Josh pushed me behind him.

"Are you trying to touch someone else's mate, Alpha?" Josh asked.

"Josh!" Others shouted and Drake growled loudly, his eyes turning black. And he looked at me with those eyes.

"Just remember Elly! I asked you nicely" with that he turned and stormed out of the  library, others following him behind. Roy looked at me trying to say something but changed his mind and went after Drake. Ouch!

After they have gone Josh and I plopped on chairs and sat silently thinking about the consequences of our actions. I mumbled a 'Sorry' but looked like he didn't hear it. I didn't see Drake after that and he didn't come to school next day too. I was worried but I didn't want to ask anyone about him.

I was running laps when suddenly the pack link opened and Drake spoke up.

'Whoever my mate is I need to talk to you now! I decided to accept your rejection'