Chapter 08

Elly

As elders gathered around his bed, we all were curious to see why they came to see the boy. Mom checked the boy and took out a small bottle out from her pocket. It had red colour liquid in it. Was it...?

"Mom!" I shouted making others startled. "Are you going to use it on him. But it is not..."

"You saw it was a success honey" Mom smiled. "Alpha, you can witness this with your own eyes" she said. "Would you like to come and help since you worked hard on it?" She looked at me.

"Elly helped you with this?" Alpha asked surprised.

"Yes! When I first created this it took ten hours to fully healed. Normally this kind of wound takes three days to heal. And we have to stitch it too" Mom explained.

"And now?" Alpha questioned.

"Now it takes only thirty minutes without stitching and Elly made it happen" Mom smiled proudly.

"Wow!"

I heard someone say. When she explained like that I felt proud about my achievement too. Alpha patted my back and I smiled.

The boy was already unconscious. He had lost a lots of blood, but after this he would be alright. I put on my gloves and a surgical mask to assist my mom while others watched us curiously. We removed the wolfsbane first and applied the medicine on the wound. It took exactly five minutes to heal the first layer of skin. But it was successful. No stitching anymore!

Alpha congratulated us while others cheered. It took exactly thirty minutes to heal his wound completely. Mom and dad looked at me proudly.

"I'm going to mention your name this time. Your hard work must be acknowledged" mom said smiling.

"We are proud of you honey!" Dad had tears in his eyes.

Mom was going to write down her name in the medical history again and this time my name would be mentioned too. I felt like I was over the moon. This was what I meant to do.

"Urgh! I'm really worried about her mate now. I don't want you to leave our pack. I would do anything to keep you here Elly. You don't know how much I bragged about our future doctor in Alpha's meetings" Alpha Anderson said making me blush.

"Yes! Most packs want to be our allies just because of our doctor here" Beta Thomas gestured towards my mom. " and we were lucky she found her mate within this pack. We hope you would do the same. Or did you find him already?"

My breath hitched in my throat. I couldn't lie to a Beta. I chocked with fear and my eyes darted towards Drake for a second. His eyes were fixed on me, waiting for my answer. I opened my mouth to say the word but I was saved by my dad.

"Leave her alone Thomas" Dad said to our Beta. "I want my little girl to stay with me as long as she can, before her mate come and snatch her away from me"

Aww dad! That was why I loved you a lot. But would he be happy if he knew my mate was Drake? I knew our Alpha would die from happiness.

I volunteered to stay by the boy's side to watch his progress. He was still unconscious but his skin didn't look pale anymore. They separated his bed by covering it with curtains and I stayed inside.

"Looks like she didn't take our bait" I heard Ian say. I peeped through the curtains. Drake was still here with his friends and others were gone. I forgot about them with the things that happened earlier. It was time to have a little fun. Sim activated. My phone started to fill with missed calls and messages from Drake, Roy and another unknown number, might be Ian. Good thing it was in silent mode. I started to type a message.

'Alpha, I never thought you would pull a prank on me. I'm glad I didn't fall for it' message sent.

Drake looked at his phone. Read the message and rubbed his face to cover up his embarrassment. Others read it too, shock covering their faces. A chuckle left my mouth. Oops! I looked at the boy on the bed, his eyes still closed. He was unconscious and no need to worry about him. Drake was on the other end and I knew they didn't hear me.

"I told you it was a stupid idea. Now look! I made a fool out of myself" Drake grumbled.

"She couldn't have known that without seeing. Ask her" Roy said. Oh Roy! You had no idea. Message received.

'Did you come? Otherwise how would you know?'

'Ian should have said that you needed to see me, not saving your life part. No mate can save a dying wolf. If a doctor was there, you would have known. I'm smarter than you think' message sent.

"Urgh! I told you that was stupid" Drake showed the message to others. I chuckled seeing Ian's defeated face.

"Wait!" Claire spoke up. I peeped again. "Tell me...you only used pack link, right?" She asked Ian. He nodded. "And nobody contacted anyone else, right?" She asked others this time.

"I made others sworn. So yes!" Roy said. What was Claire upto?

"So that means Drake's mate couldn't have known anything unless Ian sent the message through pack link, right?" Others nodded their heads.

"I told you she would make a mistake" Claire clapped her hands smiling.

"What mistake?" Roy asked.

"Even without her knowing she gave us an important clue" Claire looked at others. "She's definitely from our pack"

Oh shit!