Final Chapter

Drake

Last night I had my best sleep ever.

After spending three days in dungeons without being able to see Elly was torture. And it became worse when my wolf started to nag me about not marking our mate.

If we had completed the mate bond I would have be able to feel whether she was safe or not. Eventhough silver bars restricted our communication through mindlink, it was different for mated couples. They could feel each other through the bond and at a time like this I regret not completing mate bond sooner.

After few hours I wanted to break out and run but I stayed remembering my grandfather's threat. Roy and Ian were the only people that allowed to visit. So when they came I asked about Elly and they comfort me saying she was doing okay.

I had to satisfy with those words and waited each day patiently counting the hours and then minutes till I get out. They let me out at night of the third day but I hesitated to visit Elly thinking she might be sleeping. But when got out from the wash room I smelled her scent immediately and it drove me crazy.

Now I knew why mates were so special and I was grateful towards Elly for letting us complete the mate bond even though I didn't expect it to happen this soon.

Elly stired in her sleep and snuggled against me. I removed her hair from her shoulders to see my mark. Beautiful and she looked perfect! I grinned like an idiot but I felt proud seeing my mark on her skin, four black thick lines like a wolf claw mark, the Alpha's mark. I was sure mine looked the same since she was the Luna now.

Elly whimpered and pulled the sheet to cover herself up feeling cold. I moved away an inch and she moved towards me not liking the cold feeling she felt when she missed my warmth. I moved again and chuckled silently watching her moving towards me again. I sat up this time and she groaned annoyed when she didn't find me like before.

Elly opened her eyes slowly and looked around until she met my eyes which were already looking at her.

"Good morning, beautiful!" I leaned in and kissed her soft lips.

"Hi!" She blushed, "good morning!"

"Had a good night sleep?"

She stretched, "best sleep ever!"

I chuckled, "I totally agree"

I lay down and Elly snuggled against me again.

"I can stay like this forever" she sighed, "it's so comforting"

I smiled, "yeah! I can feel how much you like it"

"You can feel?" She quirked her eyebrows confused.

She looked so cute. "The mate bond. I can feel your emotions through it"

"Ohh!" She blushed again upon remembering last night.

"I'm happy that we completed the mate bond. It killed me when I couldn't contact you during those three days. Roy told me you were doing okay. But your face says otherwise" I caressed her cheeks.

"Do I still have puffy eyes?" She touched around her eyes.

"You cried?!"

She looked away, "I'm sorry! I...I just missed you a lot. And I felt guilty for putting you through so much pain...I love you a lot Drake and I'm sorry for everything" her voice cracked and a lone tear escaped her eye.

"We cleared that misunderstanding Elly! Please don't cry" I wiped away her tear, "You didn't know the truth at that time. I'm glad that you listened to me and decided to give me chance"

"I'm glad that I gave you a chance too" she smiled and caressed my face, "and I'm glad we completed the bond. I feel like I found my missing piece, a beautiful one at that.." she pinched my cheeks giggling.

"Ah! I'm flattered. My mate can tease" I put my hand on my chest dramatically and she giggled again. I hoped every morning to be perfect like this.

"So what's for breakfast? I'm getting hungry now" She smiled patting her stomach.

"I don't know. We should find out" I got up and put my hand out for her, "ready for a delicious adventure my Luna?"

She giggled and put her hand in mine, "Yes, my Alpha! I'm always ready..."

_____________________________

After graduating school, Elly started her studies at medical college under the guidance of professor Alaric. Eventhough I was supposed to take over my pack at the age of eighteen I waited two more years until Elly settled in with her studies and Luna duties.

We took over the pack at the age of twenty with Ian and Roy by my side. Ian became the Beta with Lisa as his Beta female. And Roy took over position of Head of warriors with Claire by his side.

Elly was officially became Luna with me when she was nineteen but didn't take over the responsibilities completely as she had to focus on her studies. My mom decided to carry on her Luna duties until Elly graduated and helped her to understand her duties when necessary.

A year after that we had a son as our first born and two years later we had a girl as our second child. Our lives turned upside down with two children and Elly's studies. But I was thankful since we had lot of people to help us any time.

After Elly completed her studies she took over a position as a doctor under her mom, Mary. She learned to balance her responsibilities as a doctor and a Luna. At first it was hard but later she became good at it.

I still kept her gift, the leather journal with a wolf engraving, with me but it was now filled with beautiful memories and still it was the most precious gift to me.

Elly and I still talked about our old days remembering how she became my mysterious mate. We would laughed at our memories and would think about how silly we were but at the end she would say only one thing.

"I'm glad that I gave you chance"

"I'm glad you did too"

"I love you Drake!"

"And Elly, I love you more!"