Chapter 24

Elly

As soon as the vehicle stopped I jumped out and ran towards the school. I heard they call my name but I didn't stop until I was inside the building. I quickly grabbed my stuff and entered my first class.

I was out of breath from all the running but I had to do it since I didn't want anybody to find out Drake and I being mates. The school filled with the gossip of Biyanka accepting Josh as her mate. And they wondered what was that I had with Josh. But I knew it would soon die down when they figured out I only helped him.

As for now, Biyanka and Josh were the hot topic with my name dragging along. But if they saw me today with Drake, wearing matching outfits and getting out of his vehicle, it wouldn't take a second to understand that I was his mysterious mate. Since everybody knew our history, our gossip wouldn't die down that easily.

First they would be surprised and would talk about what had happened during last four months. How Drake tried to find me and what he went through for that. Then me hiding from him and how I managed to stay away from him. But the biggest question would be why? They would drag my past out of its hole and would make it scratch my wounds all over again. The crush, fake pathetic confession, weak girl, embarrassing herself infront of everyone in the cafeteria, crying, bullying, not coming to school and so on. But they wouldn't remember who caused it in the first place and I was not ready to face anything like that again. I would never be.

"Elly!"

I broke out of my train of thoughts and looked at Lisa.

"Hey!" I gave her a tight smile. She sighed and took the seat next to me.

"Elly, I'm sorry okay! I'm not on Drake's side or I'm not helping him in any way. So please can I have my best friend back. I already told him that..."

"I know" I looked at her face. "I heard everything from Josh. It's not your fault. But can you promise that you're not going do anything behind my back"

"Yes!" She grinned, "I promise!"

I nodded my head smiling and she hugged me tightly.

"I thought I lost my best friend forever. You don't know how much I worried about you" Lisa cried.

"I know. I'm sorry about that" I said squeezing her hand, " Enough about me! So tell me what did I miss?"

Lisa blushed and I narrowed my eyes. I quickly grabbed her collar and pulled it aside to see the mark on her neck. I gasped and hit her arm.

"Really Lisa! It has only been five days and you jumped straight into this" I pointed at her mark. "What happened to your plans that you said you wanted to do with your mate before mating?" I asked.

"It's hard Elly!" She whined. "He is a Beta and our wolves were going crazy for each other. Plus he is my mate. And It was bound to happen anyway" She shrugged.

"But..."

"If you had no problems with Drake" Lisa whispered and looked around. "He would have mark you right then and there. He is an Alpha you know! His wolf has no patience"

My cheeks heated up and I coughed cursing Lisa in my mind. He already tried to do that!

"That's not going to happen. I'm going to make him reject me. He's acting like that because of the mate bond. So.."

"Elly!..." Lisa whisper yelled. "He really likes you. You should give him a chance"

"Lisa!" I warned. Then the teacher entered the class.

"I'm telling the truth though" she mumbled under her breath.

Rest of the day went peacefully and when the lunchtime came I decided to spend it in the library hoping Drake would leave me alone. But I was wrong!

I smelled Drake's scent suddenly and someone pulled the chair out next to me. I jumped back making my heart beat faster and I looked at Drake. He had a smile on his face and his eyes twinkled with amusement. He dragged the chair closer and sat on it turning to face me. Our knees brushed together and he put his hand over my chair staring at my face. My cheeks heated up and I looked away.

"Did you really think you can get away from me?" He asked amused, "library was the first place that came to my mind since I knew you loved books" He said.

I glared at him before looking away. He chuckled.

"Are you giving me the silent treatment now?" Drake asked again. But I didn't reply. I heard him sigh.

"I didn't know you hated me this much Elly. But I can't let you go" His voice laced with hurt.

"Why?" I looked at him, "you never liked me and you even told me that I'm weak to be anything. So why? Why do you need me now?" I asked angrily looking straight into his eyes. But the hurt I saw in those eyes made me back away, giving me the guilty feeling and making my eyes wondered everywhere but him. I felt uneasy.

"Look at me Elly"

I didn't make a move. He sighed.

"Look at me or else I would..."

"You would what?!" I got up hissing.

Drake growled and in a blink of an eye he pulled my hand making me fall onto his lap. I shrieked surprised.

"Can you at least listen to me now?"