Chapter 09

Thank you guys yamcha10 & callella for voting. I'm grateful for your support.

Drake

After having a good clean up I got into the bed to rest. It was a very eventful day and I felt so tired but my thoughts were everywhere.

I was glad that nobody died today except Josh who had severe injuries. He was the first one to see them and sent the message to us. Our elder warriors warned us not to fight unless it was necessary. But we couldn't watch them fight by themselves. They screamed in pain when wolfsbane cut their skin. But they were not as serious as Josh's.

We brought wounded warriors to the hospital. Since I didn't see Josh, I sent two out to search for him. They had found him near the boarders and brought to the hospital right away.

Eventhough I was desperate to find my mate, I shouldn't have agreed with Ian's idea. It only made me embracessed infront of her. But we found an important clue anyway.

When I saw Elly first I was shocked as much as others. But she was there to treat us. She was beautiful and looked so professional in that white coat. I was happy and proud for a moment but she wasn't mine. I couldn't understand why, but when I think about her being with her mate, who was definitely not me, my heart ached with pain. It felt right, when I imagine Elly with me, but she wasn't my mate.

And my so called mate didn't even want to see me. But I wouldn't let her go. Not until she explain everything to me. Because I was sure her reasons were not the ones as rumours say.

I felt happy seeing Elly's excited face when her mom asked to help her. She was exactly the younger version of her mom. Brown hair in a ponytail, green eyes sparkled with excitement, round face and the white coat. As Ian said it was like we were seeing the younger self and the older self of the same person at the same time.

We all knew she was bright but seeing her like this and hearing her achievements, we felt like she was on another level. If we could choose a Luna, I knew my father would choose Elly. That was how much he loved her and proud of her.

I wondered why she didn't answer our Beta's question about her mate. I wanted to know so badly whether she found her mate or not. Eventhough Elly wasn't my mate, she was on my mind these days and I struggled to keep my sanity. I wanted to meet my mate so I could get rid of these feelings. Everything would be alright when I find my mate.

Biyanka came to the hospital crying, with twins following her. I thought she finally accepted her mate and visited, because she cared for him. But no! I was wrong. She came to see me and I had to remind her that Josh was few beds away. I wondered if Josh heard her. That stupid girl!

I had no idea what went through her head when she rejected Josh. She believed I would be her second chance mate. She was crazy. I knew she was happy when she heard about my mate hiding from me. And I knew she started the rumours.

Anyway we found an important clue. She was definitely from our pack. Remembering what Roy said last time, we planned to check every unmated she wolf in our pack. She could be same age as ours. But I had no idea how was I supposed to do that? Since she hid her scent, should I go for sparks? But to check that skin needed to be touch. Simple hand shake might be a good idea.

Too many problems and no answers. I felt like a headache was forming. I went for a run in the woods to clear up my mind. I ran along the boarders and met some of boarder patrols. Father had tightened the security and he went outside the boarders looking for the rouges' camp site.

I ran towards the hospital to visit Josh. He recovered completely and had woken up. But the doctor wanted to him to stay overnight and run some tests. While I was running through the woods, I smelled her alluring rose scent again. She was here. I followed it quickly but the wind flew away from me, making it harder to track her down.

Disappointed, I went back to the pack house. And I forgot about Josh. I was surprised to see Ian, Roy and Claire in my room, waiting for me.

"Went for a run?" Claire asked.

I plopped on my bed and closed my eyes.

"You were right, Claire. She is from our pack. I smelled her scent again in the woods" I said.

"What!?" Others shouted.

"Help me guys. I don't know what to do anymore. She is driving me crazy" I sighed.

"We are going to check all unmated she wolves. Aren't we?" Ian asked.

"We do. But how?" Roy questioned.

"I was thinking about a handshake" Ian answered.

"This is the second time you smelled her scent after that day" Claire spoke absent-minded. "And that was a month ago. She has been very careful..."

"Baby, you're thinking out loud" Roy chuckled.

"Did you smell a human or a wolf?" Claire asked me suddenly.

I thought hard. "A wolf!?"

"Okay then I might have a better idea" she grinned. "Listen.. whatever she does to hide her scent, she couldn't do it in her wolf form. So we will go for a run in our wolves forms on Monday"