Chapter 23

Elly

I stood infront of my mirror looking at my reflection. That was the third time I changed my outfit. It was becoming a headache but I couldn't seem to make up my mind to leave the room without the perfect outfit. Or should I say I wanted to look perfect!

I felt like I was going to the battle field with more people knowing I was Drake's mate and in the corner of my heart I wanted to look good infront of Drake too. He would be there watching my every move and at least I didn't want be self-conscious about how I looked.

Finally I settled in a yellow sweater, which complimented my green eyes and brown hair, with blue jeans and black flat pumps. And I put my hair in a ponytail like I always did. I felt good and comfortable. I mentally nodded my head approving my looks as it gave me a sense of confidence.

I walked downstairs where Roy was already waiting for me. I rolled my eyes. He always stayed in his car until I get in but today he came inside the house to walk me out personally.

"Did you think I would run away?" I asked sarcastically. "Isn't that why you came inside?"

Roy looked at me up and down several times. And he rubbed his face trying to hide a smile. What?! Did I look awkward?

"Better be safe than sorry!" He shrugged and I had to roll my eyes again.

"I didn't think of running away until the day after graduation" I taunted and walked past him.

We got out of the house to walk towards Roy's car but I stopped at the door step seeing the person who leaned against his Range rover with Claire. I really didn't expect to see Drake this early morning and actually he looked... handsome. He was talking with Claire and didn't notice me yet.

"Where's your car?" I whispered to Roy.

"Why?! Isn't that comfortable than mine?" Roy whispered back earning a glare from me. He only chuckled and pushed me to move forward. I walk slowly trying to calm down my nervous self. And I took my time to check Drake out.

Drake wore a yellow sweater with a green shirt underneath and it complimented his olive skin tone perfectly. Blue jeans and black leather boots completed his outfit and his hair was.......Oh!.. My!.. Goddess! No no no! I could see now why Roy looked at me like that! Drake and I were wearing matching outfits like a couple.

I turned around on the spot before Drake and Claire notice me. I would die from the embarrassment if they see me like this. I bumped into Roy and he held me back.

"Where are you going?" He asked.

"Please Roy! Let me go back. I need to change" I almost cried.

"Why? I thought you two would look cute together with matching outfits" Roy teased making my cheeks heat up. But he didn't let me go instead he turned me around and pushed me forward. I struggled but then he shouted at Drake.

"Drake! Let's go"

That idiot!

As soon as he heard his name, Drake's head whipped towards us. His face instantly lit up and he looked me up and down several times!

Please goddess!

Kill. Me. Now!

He bit his lip to hide his smile but failed when Claire giggled looking between him and I.

"Well! I'm pretty sure now that the mate bond is working" Claire said hugging me.

I was sure my face was completely red now. And I believed it wouldn't go down any time soon. I tried to get onto the back seat with Claire but Roy pushed me towards the passenger seat where Drake held its door open. I whimpered but Roy didn't budge. I huffed and sat on the seat and Drake closed the door.

After Drake got in, he sniffed the air and looked at me before his eyes glazed over. He was mindlinking someone and when it was over he started to drive away.

'Elly, are you wearing perfumes again?' Claire mindlinked me. I turned behind to look at Claire and then I looked at Drake. I guessed she was the one whom Drake mindlinked earlier.

'Yes!'

'You don't have to hide your scent anymore. So..'

'But I don't want an alpha going crazy over me. Scent of your mate is hard to resist' I interrupted.

'Helloo! That's the purpose of the scent. To go CRAZY! ....'

I blocked Claire and she huffed from the back seat. It was true that I didn't want Drake to go crazy over me because of the scent. I didn't want yesterday to repeat and I got goosebumps on my skin just remembering it. The scent always took over your senses making you act upon your emotions. So I wanted Drake to understand that and also remind him, how much he hated me before.

The trip to school was silent but strange enough it was comfortable too. I breathed in Drake's intoxicating scent and my hands itched to touch him, to feel sparks. I felt the pull getting stronger since that was the first time I ever stayed near him this long. Stupid mate bond!

My wolf on the other hand was happy and she wanted to get closer to Drake. But I reminded her of my past and she stayed silent after that. I was grateful that my wolf loved me more than she loved her mate. And it would be very hard if she started to go crazy over him too.