Chapter 11

Elly

After Josh had left I replayed our conversation again in my mind. Would it be a good idea? 'Second chance mate' could work. Because as I heard that day they were going for unmated wolves. They didn't exclude girls with boyfriends. I guessed they believed the second rumour about my non-existent boyfriend. Urgh! Whatever I was planning to do I had to do it quickly. I needed to call Drake today.

I took my old grey hoodie and a mask and went behind the school building. I didn't want to expose myself just in case if someone saw me or if they tried to find me like last time. At least I would be able to run away without letting them know who I was. Sim activated. I rang his number.

"Helloo! What a surprise!? I thought you have already forgotten your mate" Drake teased. I felt blood rushing to my cheeks. I cleared my throat.

"Of course not" I said. "How can I forget you? You're trying very hard to find me. Eventhough it was silly, you pulled out a prank too"

I bit back my laugh. I could imagine his face all red from embarrassment.

"Is this some kind of a joke to you? Do you think I'm funny?" He growled. I tensed feeling his anger.

"Noo" I stuttered. "I'm sorry"

I heard a deep sigh.

"Just come to me baby okay. Whoever you're I don't mind. I will love you no matter what" he pleaded.

I whimpered hearing his voice. My mind pushed me to run to him but I shook the feeling off. Our relationship would have been perfect if nothing had happened two years ago. I didn't want to be the laughing stock again where everyone mocked me as the weak wolf who wanted be their Luna, something I had never wished to be.

My past memories surfaced and my heart ached with pain reminding me my past wounds. My efforts, my achievements and all of my hard works would be gone, the moment everyone heard about me being Drake's mate. They wouldn't care whether I was 'pride of the pack' or not. They would be reminded of the past incident and remembered about the weak crying girl who embarrassed herself infront of everyone.

No! I wouldn't let that happen.

"It's just the mate bond Drake. You don't need me and you won't love me. If it's not because of the mate bond, you won't even care about me. So please reject me" I stated.

"Noo!" He roared. "Mate bond or not, I don't care. I waited for you all my life. So I can have a beautiful family life like my parents. I didn't even have any girlfriends. Since you're from my pack, you must know the truth" He finished.

I could see, there was no way out at all. He wouldn't reject me or wouldn't stop looking for me. And I wouldn't let him come near me, he hurt me in the past. I was about to reply him back when I heard some voices. I quickly faced the wall hiding my face.

"Mike!" Someone shouted. "Where are you man!? Roy said he would come later" He said.

I looked at the guy hearing Roy's name. Shit! Lucas, he was one of Drake's close friends. I hung up and started to walk away without drawing any attention.

"Why does Drake wanted to know where we are?" That was Mike. I sped up.

"I don't know. Wait! He's mindlinking again" Lucas answered. "What!? A girl"

I could feel their eyes on me. I started to run without looking back. And I heard them following me soon after. I knew I wouldn't be able out run them since they were warriors. But if I could slow them down...

I turned a corner and picked up some soil from the ground and waited for them. When they turned the corner I threw the soil on to the face of the first guy that appeared. He covered his eyes yelling and I took that chance to land a kick on his stomach, making him fall to the ground. Mike tried to capture me without any fight but gave up and started to fight with me.

He threw punches and kicks but I blocked them successfully and threw some back not giving him any chance. I wanted to end the fight quickly and I saw Lucas also getting up. I didn't have much time.

I fought with him few times before punching his face hard, making him lost his balance. I took that chance to kick his legs and he fell to the ground with a loud thud. I ran towards Lucas and jumped onto him landing another punch on his face. And I fell to the ground with him. All good! both were down.

I got up and ran inside the nearby wash room and removed my grey hoodie and the mask. Fighting and breathing through the mask was hard and I felt free after removing it. I threw them in the bin and cleaned myself up. My bruises were healing and I felt good.

I looked at myself in the mirror with a proud smile. I always trained with my dad and that was my first real fight. I felt good eventhough it was my first time. As soon as the bell rang I walked in to the library and grabbed my stuff. But before I could leave the library our pack link opened.

'Everyone must gather in the woods after the school' Drake announced.

What was he planning to do now?