Chapter 31

Thank you voting ItsKanya, kaystarr21, Charne1993, MaryanneLunnon

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Drake

I pulled my hair frustrated. Why couldn't I have a peace of mind? Everything was going in the right direction and now what?!

"Do you hear yourself, Roy?! A choice?! Between what?!" I growled at him, "do you think she would be happy being the Luna without doing what she loves?" I grabbed his collar, "and tell me why does she need to do this?"

Ian pulled me away from Roy. "Just listen to him Drake. Elly is his sister. Do you think he likes doing this?"

I growled again but decided to listen to him first, "Okay! I'm listening" I said.

Roy sighed and ran his hand through his hair, "I'm telling you what they told me Drake, not what I wanted. Even though I don't want to accept, there's a truth in it. So listen!" He spat, "the Luna and the pack doctor are two important roles in a pack. So if one person has these both roles it's a risk. The risk is if we lose her..." He looked at me for a second and continued, "...we're going to lose both our Luna and the pack doctor at the same time. Specially in Elly's case you know how she being a doctor would help not only us but also all werewolves out there. So if she decided to be the Luna we're going to miss her participation in the medical field. And if she decided to give up being Luna.."

I gritted my teeth, "that won't happen"

"No interruptions!" Roy hissed and I rolled my eyes.

"So if she decided to give up being Luna, you'll be weak without her and our pack will be weak. And in the worst case scenario she would have to leave the pack after you reject her, so she wouldn't be a threat to your chosen mate. We're going to lose either way Drake" Roy said defeated. "But we can turn the table if the elders agree and I believe they would since they like her so much"

"Tell your parents Drake!" Ian encouraged, "they'll sort this out"

"Yes I agree. Don't wait until Elly comes around and don't tell her about this whole thing. You know how she is. She'll panic and will try to solve this by herself" Roy said.

"I can't hide anything from her. I don't want to. She has the right to know" I was angry.

Roy put his hands on my shoulder, "First tell your parents and mine about you two being mates. They'll be shocked to hear that but after telling them you can talk about this" he smiled, "do it tomorrow night and make her agree to tell them"

"But tomorrow night is to celebrate your mom and Elly, Roy! I can't destroy that.."

"They'll be thrilled! And do it before Elly get the wrong idea" He sighed, "I'm afraid of Bella twins. You know they're jealous of her. I don't think I need to remind you of what had happened two years ago" He scowled.

My eyes widened and fear started to crawl into my mind. If they interfere before we sorted this out it would be bad.

"Okay! I'll make her agree" I said earning smiles from others.

We only went for our first date and had our first kiss but I couldn't even relive the moments without thinking about what Roy said. But if I sorted this out tomorrow I would be able to enjoy my time with my beautiful mate. With that thought I mindlinked Elly.

'Baby, are you sleeping?'

'It's still eight o'clock, Drake. Of course not. Why?'

'Can I see you now?'

'Why? Miss me already?' She teased.

'A lot!' I sighed.

'Is everything alright?' Her panic voice came through the link.

'Yes!' I lied, 'let's go for a run. I want to see your wolf'

'Oh okay! I'll see you in my backyard'

With that I ran outside turning into my wolf. The night was beautiful but I didn't have the heart to appreciate it. Even though the wind brought the smell of frosty air flowing through my thick black fur, it didn't bring me the calmness I always loved. All I wanted to do was embrace Elly, my love! She became the one who could bring me peace and also the one who could make me miserable. The mate bond wasn't something to take lightly, specially for an Alpha.

Even before I could reach her house I smelled her intoxicating scent. She was in her wolf form and it made the scent to grew stronger, making my wolf to howled in happiness. I made it to her backyard and walked towards my beautiful mate. Just like Elly, her wolf was also beautiful. Her brown fur looked so soft to touch and her green eyes glistened under the night sky.

I nuzzled my head in her neck enjoying the warm softness of her skin. And she welcomed it by nuzzling her head in mine.

'You're so beautiful love!' I said through our mindlink.

She laughed, 'thank you! I love your wolf too. It's so big and look majestic'

I laughed this time, 'well! What do you expect? I'm an Alpha wolf'

Even though I couldn't see I was sure she rolled her eyes for that. Her melodic laugh came through the link and she licked my face playfully inviting for a run. I agreed and soon joined by her side feeling relaxed like I had no problems at all. I let go of my worries for the moment and decided to enjoy our time. We ran freely that night not knowing about the misfortune that waited to unfold on us tomorrow.