Chapter Twenty Seven

Pretty please; COMMENT/VOTE/SHARE/FAN!

Hope you enjoy

Stay Stunning

† 'xo

Best Friends or Best Lovers

Chapter Twenty Seven

Lola

I walked and walked. For seconds; minutes; hours; days and weeks. I was nowhere near tired. This place looked empty; felt empty. I felt no heartbeat in my chest, and no thoughts fluttering around my head. I was empty. The only thing that I could see was the occurrences around my hospital bed while I was asleep.

For the first time in the ages I have been in this isolated place, I saw somebody standing there. I ran towards the person in the hope that they could help me. "Mummy?" I whispered, not believing who I just saw standing there.

"Hey, Lola," She spoke. Tears ran freely down my cheeks. "Where am I, Mum? What is this place?" I questioned. She smiled simply at me. "This is the living of the death," My mum Lucy, told me.

"I truly am sorry about what has happened ever since my death, love. I have been watching you ever since. I'm so proud of you, my baby girl," We embraced each other tightly as if there were no tomorrow - which could potentially be true.

I asked my mother numerous questions about what I should do when I awake from this extensive slumber. "You could run; that option is always available to you," She retorted. "Niall certainly loves you a lot. He has been with you the whole time, stopping Harry from being around you," I sighed deeply. Sometime, I need to choose what to do.

"Niall won't hurt you like Harry did. There is no guaranteeing that he won't hurt you again, dear," I nodded and scratched the back of my neck. "What do I need to do, Mum?" I asked.

"Do what is best for you and Kiki. She's your daughter now. I am almost certain that Leighton will not survive; I will be seeing her pretty soon," My mum said as my gaze moved to the ground.

"It's time, Lola. You must go. Choose wisely; I will take care of Leighton. I love you, Lola. Take care of yourself. Darling don't be afraid," Those were her last words until everything became black and blurry.

This felt odd, and rather strange. "She can't be dead," I heard somebody cry. "Niall, stop. She isn't coming back," I heard another voice retort. "Niall, don't!" I felt a warm tear splash onto my cheek, and some soft lips pressed onto mine.

After one loud beep, the lips were gone. "Doctor! She's alive!" Somebody shrieked. I didn't understand what was happening. Where was I? He said something about a doctor. Was I at the hospital? I must be. But why?

Suddenly, I heard several feet shuffling through the door. I tried my best to show them that I was here; I was awake. I tried hard to squeeze my hand - to move it ever so slightly. I tried to speak, but my mouth stayed closed. I tried to open my eyes - with success. Although my vision was extensively blurred, I was fully awake. I was there - a real, existing human being.

I rolled my head to the side, attempting to see clearer. The various colours and lights did not help my adjusting eyes. Pain shot through me as the doctors helped me to awaken. I was unaware of who was surrounding me, but I knew that Niall was there. The thought of this made me think of my mother. Who would I choose? I was awake now - this was the moment to choose.