Chapter 1

✄┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈

The man ruffled his hair for the nth time as he chewed his lip as he tap his pen on the beat of vintage jazz playing in the room.

He always liked the sound of vintage jazz, but he's not that dumb to wish he'd live at the time it was popular, after all, people like him barely have rights, and let alone him being openly gay can be his cause of death. Vintage jazz has always calmed him, during the time he sped run his 10 page essay about the psychoanalysis of the macho image to fathers in late 40s. God that was hectic.

But this time, not even his jazz nor his favorite cup of joe was calming him. It was making him more anxious.

A perturbed sigh came out of his now bleeding lips. He winced at the taste of metallic-like liquid hitting his taste buds.

He removed his glasses and set it down beside the folder with a stack of papers. He leaned on his chair as he let out a frustrated scream, covering his mouth in order to lessen the disturbance to his neighbours and dog.

After a few moments of his tantrum, he started looking for a certain card on his drawers. He kept on mumbling 'where is it' until he finally found the card he was looking for.

He raised it high up and looked at it as his last stick of cigarettes.

He quickly brought it back to his peripheral vision and picked up his phone to punch in the numbers stated.

He held the phone to his ear as he waited for the person on the other end to answer.

His heart pounded like crazy, let's hope this work- No, scratch that, HE NEEDS this to work. He impatiently tapped his foot as he waits for an answer from the other line.

"Hello?"

After few rings the person finally accepted, a familiar deep voice came from the other line, m/n can't help but feel overjoyed once he heard him once more.

He stood up from where he was sitting, making the stacks of paper fall from his table but he could not care less right now.

"Haji!"

He exclaimed, his tired look morphed into a cheerful one, even his tone was different.

"Mitsuru...? Mitsuru M/n?"

The man asked in disbelief, out of excitement m/n nodded vigorously and slightly slapped his head as he realised he was talking on the phone.

"Yeah! It's been years! how are you?"

He asked, his hands felt clammy and shaky, he still cannot believe that he's talking to someone he was close with back in college.

"I'm doing fine, where are you? still in cali?"

M/n answered a quick no before crouching down to retrieve the fallen documents back to their place, the phone was still in his ears intact with the help of his shoulders.

"Oh so you're back in japan? We should meet up"

His long time best friend suggested, an unusual glint of joy was evident in his voice. M/n didn't mind, it was nice to meet an old face.

"Sure! Also, i have a favor to ask is it okay?"

He asked before he could even stray off the topic as to why he was calling in the first place. He felt a bit giddy and nervous at the same time. Scared to be rejected by his best friend.

"So uhm...you see i just got back from japan a week ago and uh"

He trailed off, taking a seat on the table looking at the framed picture beside him. It was a picture of him and iwaizumi back on California. They were both half naked, their toned and abs complimented the scene when it was taken, iwaizumi had recently got his right brow pierced.

M/n couldn't lie, he found iwaizumi extra attractive because of it.

"I was hoping you could help me get in touch with some volleyball players in msby? or in adlers? Any one will do! my boss told me i need to interview atleast two and if i don't-"

M/n didn't realize he was rambling until hajime cut him off.

"Sure, i can get you to talk to all of them but you owe me something- actually, buy me coffee on the way instead"

Oh the poor neighbours of m/n, imagine sleeping peacefully on a Wednesday night only to be disturbed by a loud screech from the next apartment.

"I cannot thank you enough! I- i could kiss you through the phone-!"

M/n exclaimed, he only heard a hearty laugh from the other line.

"Yeah yeah, keep your mushy lips away from me"

Hajime joked, faking disgust towards m/n's lips which the boy played along, wiping a single tear drop from his eye as he woefully moaned through the phone.

"Oh god haji~ you wound me so much"

Unbeknownst to him, that made something grow, and it was going to be hajime's problem. Thankful it was night time of else he'd be working with 'that' hindering his movements.

"Y-yeah yeah! Get some sleep and we'll talk about it more tomorrow"

He scolded the boy more further, and instead of m/n feeling offended as usual he actually felt more cared for. He missed hajime's constant rants about his overseas best friend that m/n would usually tease him by calling him as "hajime's boyfriend" and the scolding session as well.

"Well, goodnight hajime, see you tomorrow"

He bid his departure and after hearing iwaizumi's, he ended the call. Setting the phone down before sighing heavily once more as he rubs his eyes a bit intense than usual.

"Thank heavens for hajime"

He mumbled before cleaning his work table, closing the music off before undressing to freshen up before hitting the hay.

After showering, he immediately jumped on his bed and did not bother wearing any piece of clothing. His eyelids were slowly getting heavier every second he felt comfortable in his sheets.

"I just...hope for a good day...tomo..rrow.."

He mumbled before dozing off to his own world full of his fantasy.

✄┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈

Welcome! This is a new book of mine, and this time your love interest isn't limited to one school only! I hope you will enjoy the upcoming chapters and support me as well! Thank you! Love yall <33.