Chapter 21

✄┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈

"Happy birthday akaa-" Bokuto's booming voice was silenced by a painful slap in the mouth. M/n's hand moved on it's own, their surprise would've been ruined if he didn't stop bokuto from being a show stealer.

"Happy birthday Akaashi!" Everyone who was hiding in the dark all greeted the birthday boy in unison, whilst everyone greeted him, poor bokuto's lips were hurting from the slap made by yours truly. "what did you do that for?!" he exclaimed, pouting at m/n, the culprit. He shrugged in reply giving him a sheepish smile. "sorry bout that boks hehe" he apologized, hugging the man close to his chest like a mother comforting her crying child.

"You guys- you shouldn't have" Akaashi said, wiping the tears that was forming in his eyes. Everyone was in awe with the sight of their friend tearing up. "Don't cry keiji! we have so much things planned out for you!" m/n interjected, the others nodding in agreement.

"Let's get this party started!' Bokuto screamed holding up the bottle of vodka in the air. Konoha hollered in suit taking one of the shot glass and stands beside the human owl. Next thing you know, everyone was having fun, drinking, eating and talking to one another while the speaker boomed pop music, edm and so many more upon the request of the party attendants.

M/n, unable to bear the chatter around him, he decided to step outside and take a breather. And by outside i meant the balcony.

He pulled out a box of cigarettes from his pocket, taking one as he lit up with the lighter on the other hand. "I never took you as for someone who's a smoker" Chimed by someone from behind. It was keiji. His hands stuffed in his pockets as he slowly approach him. "Neither do i" He replied, taking the cig away from his mouth as he exhaled the smoke, fanning it away from keiji. M/n was not much of a smoker, he rarely smokes, and tonight was one of those days.

"Why are you out here, by the way? This is your birthday, you should be partying with your friends" The h/c-nette remarked, finishing the cig in one sip. Keiji only removed his glasses as he look up in the sky. "I'm here for a break. They can be too much y'know" He replied, his eyes still fixated on the twinkling lights above. The man did not ask any further, and instead lean on the metal railing that's stopping them from their demise. "Thanks for the surprise and cake." The editor spoke, looking at m/n with a smile. "Huh? oh yeah it's no biggie" He replied curtly. "Y'know i never thought i'd spend my birthday with anyone- heck, i never thought i'd go past the age of 23" What seemingly a light hearted comment made m/n gaze at keiji with concern.

"I thought by the age of 19, i'd be dead due to some accident in the road, y'know?" He continued, putting his glasses back on. "I, Akaashi Keiji is tired. I have given up hoping that my old teammates back in highschool would remember me..."

"-i felt like a side character in every memory i share with them. I felt like i was unseen. People were unaware of my presence, due to my shy quiet nature.." Tears dripped from his eyes, seemingly unaware of what's going down. M/n took it upon himself to gently wipe the tears in keiji's cheeks. "ah, im sorry you have to see me like this" Keiji seemed to come to his senses as he pulled away and wiped his own tears. "Its fine, and keiji, if anything's troubling you. Just know i'll always be by your side okay? Just call me or text me, ill drop everything for you." M/n declared, looking straight into keiji's glossy blue eyes.

"Thank you, can i request one thing for my birthday?"

"Sure what is it?"