Chapter 13

✄┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈

It was mid noon when the boy woke up from his impromptu slumber. He rubbed his eyelid as his free hand grabbed his phone to check messages.

His phone was blowing with messages from different people.

Akaashi, The mystery guy, Iwaizumi, Ushijima- wait. Ushijima? What? When did he? nevermind, m/n threw his phone on the couch and scratched his head in annoyance.

He stretched his limbs before trudging his way towards the kitchen to make a coffee for himself, before he starts the day.

His mind was still processing his surroundings as he idly waited for the coffee maker to finish.

"I feel like im forgetting something...." He mumbled, rubbing his chin as he stared into nothingness, his unintrested eyes widened at the realisation.

"HOLY FUCK! I FORGOT PEOPLE MESSAGED ME" He screamed, in a panic he ran towards the living room, almost tripping from his rug.

He quickly grab ahold of it and opened the phone, opening up the message app but before he could open one of the messages, his phone started ringing in an obnoxious way.

The caller id displayed "haji <3" m/n took a deep breath and gulped his saliva before accepting the call.

"Heyyyyy haha...! hajiii! wassup?"

M/n internally cringed as he resist the urge to bash his head on the wall.

"Don't you wassup wassup me you little fucker, why did you answer my call just now?"

Anger seethed through the man's voice on the other line, it was more than enough to sent shivers down the h/c-nette's spine. He can already imagine what kind of beating he'd receive.

"Uh...how do i say this, i got super tired and i ended up falling asleep on the spot? and i woke up at midnight and i fell asleep again...hehe"

His explanation was only greeted with a deep sigh from iwaizumi, he felt his heart beat slow down.

"I see...i hope you're doing fine now, you have work today right?"

M/n who was celebrating his escape from death suddenly froze. Holy. Smokes....He forgot he's a functioning member of the society now.

"Y-yeah...! hahaha what about it?"

"Shouldn't you be in your work right now?"

Iwaizumi replied, in a matter-of-fact tone. M/n can already imagine iwaizumi's face judging him up and down.

"Y-yeah i'm about to go now...hahaha! bye!"

"Hey! wait-"

Before iwaizumi could finish his words, m/n already had cut the line off. Releasing a heavy sigh before leaning as he slowly droop against the wall of his kitchen he ponders what kind of excuse would he say to his boss for being late AND not being able to grab one of his assigned athlete.

He rubbed his forehead in a rough manner, groaning as he struggled to think of an valid excuse but before he got absorb with the eternal struggle he will face later, he remembered the unread messages.