Chapter 10

✄┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈

Like the gentle touch of a pianist on the ivories, brings out a beautiful melody; once put together.

People are like the piano tiles. They are insignificant if lone. But became something more once put together.

Akaashi felt like a singular piano tile, ever since he grew consciousness about the world. His mind always begs to wonder, what if he never found someone that would compliment his sound?

His past relationships, friendships always ended with a bitter one. Some may have been his cause, but most of it were the lack of communication. They both lack the empathy to understand one another.

He slowly begins to accept in his life that he'll never find someone; someone that compliments his, and turn it into a beautiful melody.

"Everything okay, akaashi?"

A mellow voice pulled the solemn boy in his cloud of thoughts, his gaze was met with e/c eyes. One couldn't help but get lost in it; to be compelled to stare for so long.

"Yeah...i'm fine, what's up?"

His eyes wandered in every inch of the man infront of him; he didn't know, nor did he hated the man. But rather, interested by his nature. To find someone so bubbly, yet mellow.

It confuses him, such contradicting personality, but he couldn't help himself but look more, dig deeper within the depths of his smiles. He wanted to understand him, the way he wanted others to understand him.

It sounds ridiculous given their situation, but akaashi knew better than to let this nagging feeling to be left in the corner of his mind.

"I was asking you what do you want from the menu"

the h/c-nette reiterated, placing his hand on his hips, pretending to look sassy. Akaashi found it entertaining tho, a cute pout on the boy's face brings flutter to his chest.

"Oh, anything caffeine related would be good"

He replied, a polite smile driven across his lips, m/n instructed him to find a seat as he proceeds and orders for the two of them.

Akaashi nodded, and looked for a place and he luckily found an empty table for two infront of the window. From the moment, he sat down, water pellets started hailing down from above, bystanders began running, and opening their umbrellas to get away from the spiky cold tears of the clouds.

Akaashi rested his head on his palm, smiling to himself as he indulge in the rainy scenery.

As the solemn man in glasses enjoys the peaceful scenery outside, m/n was busy ordering their beverage.

Once it was m/n's turn, he was met with a fairly tall male, with a pink hair, rather bizarre but m/n knows not to meddle. Both of them locked eyes for mere seconds before, m/n broke it.

Fumbling with his words, he, albeit, excruciatingly embarrassing, managed to give his orders to the cashier, the whole duration of their interaction, the man had a smirk smudged on his lips.

M/n isn't going to lie, he had to fight the urge to punch him right then and there. He has what he likes to call a "punchable face". M/n had countlessly met people he considers that has a punchable face. Most of them were from his part time job, including his manager.