Chapter 20

✄┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈

The h/c-nette ran past passer-by like he's on a fun run, but it cost his life if he slows down. "Shit shit shit-!" He cursed under his breath, the cardboard cups he's holding was shaking from the speed of his run. .

Imagine seeing an average height male running with four coffees in his hand at 7 AM on a thursday. Yeah, not quite the sight you'd want to see.

On the other end, a middle blocker was about to start a day with a iced coffee drink in hand, plugging his earphone in before playing the song he's been listening to on repeat for the past few days.

He closed his eyes as he let the taste of caffeine and the binaural beat and tune resonate within his carnal shell. His moment was cut short when he felt someone hit his chest and abdomen, his iced coffee spilling all over his chest.

He stumbled down, landing on his arse. He looked up to see his phone in the air, he quickly stretched his hands upward to catch his phone which fortunately worked as planned. 'Great now i have to go to practice with a wet clothes...' he complained, looking down to his soaking wet polo.

"Holy smokes! im so sorry! Uh- let me-" The man who bumped to him panicked, he can see the red in the man's cheeks. He would consider it as cute if it weren't for the situation right now. He helped him stand up, dusting his arse and elbows before looking at the shorter one.

"I'm so sorry! look uhm, here!" He frantically searched for something im his pocket, it was his wallet he immediately pulled out a 5,000 yen and shoved it to the middle blocker's hands. "I am so sorry for your clothes! uhm- you can use the money to buy a new shirt or something" He instructed before grabbing a piece of paper in his breast pocket. "Here, this has my number, call me so i can pay for your laundry, im so sorry im in hurry right now!" He moreso spoke in a hasty manner, before picking up the coffee he was holding before running again.

Suna looked to where m/n ran off to, before looking down at the card given to him. "Mitsuru m/n...." He mumbled to himself, despite the sticky feeling made by his iced coffee, a smile made it's way onto his face. He proceeded to pocket the card and the 5,000 yen, making a mental note to not spend it as he walk to their gym with a stained shirt.

"M/n?! what took you so long? miranda's going ballistic!" Yachi panicked, taking the coffee from m/n's grasp. "I'm sorry, they had a long line and they ran out of baguettes-!" He whispered-shout. Yachi made a tch sound before shoo-ing m/n away, "fine fine, i'll handle it just go to your office now...thanks" m/n thanked yachi before going to his office.

He plopped himself down on the seat before letting his head fall on the hardwood table. A stupid and painful decision. He let his head rest for a few minutes until he heard his phone made a notification pop.

He pulled out his phone from his pocket to see an unknown number messaging him once again. What is up with m/n and unknown numbers? Anyways, he clicked the message to read what it said.

:This is the man you bumped onto earlier, thanks for the money but i would like to get a different thing as sorry.

M/n raised a brow, what could he mean? He took a moment before typing out his reply.

Hi, what is it? i'll try to make it happen, and im really sorry about your shirt earlier.

Not even a minute has passed, and the man replied.

:Buy me an iced coffee, like the one you spilt on me. I'll give you your 5,000 yen back too. Sound good?

Oh. Just that? M/n thought, happily typing out his reply.

Okay, when should i give you your coffee?

:how bout later after your work? you were in a hurry earlier. So i'd figure i wouldn't hold a grudge.

Haha, thanks for not holding one and sure. Im down, let's meet up at XXX.

:gotcha.

Who even fucking drinks coffee at night? m/n pondered, putting his phone down in the table as he resumes his paperwork. The earlier the better.

"You came in clutch with those coffee, m/n-san." Chirped by the short hair blond beside him, the boy only gave her a lopsided smirk in response as they walk together towards the parking lot.

"Come to think of it, i never saw you came back last night, did something happened?" She asked, crossing her arms. M/n turned to her "nothing really, osamu offered me a ride so i accepted" the mention of osamu's name piqued the girl's interest. "So it really is a date huhhh?" She teased, wiggling her eyebrows. M/n shook his head furiously, "it's nor! besides his twin was there and their old captain back in junior high was there too" He explained thinking that mentioning the other two would stop yachi. "Ohoho, i never took you as a harem type of guy, m/n. You always look so tired of everything"

"That is because i AM tired of everything. I just want to sleep in my bed forever." He retorted, opening the door before entering. "This is my stop, see you tomorrow yachi, have a great night." M/n bid farewell, before closing the door.

"You too, m/n." she greeted back, waving her hand before going to her vehicle which was beside m/n's.

:Yo, i'm here.

i'm coming, sorry for the delay.

After a minute drive, m/n arrived, once he opened the door he was immediately greeted with the scent of coffee beans and the aggressive tapping of college students who decided to procrastinate their thesis and now was suffering in a coffee shop with a cold beverage to compliment their burning passion to reach their dreams.

He scanned the room until he found the familiar dark brown hair with sleepy eyes. He went up to the counter before approaching him, buying the man the coffee he wanted and a little treat for himself.

"Hello" M/m greeted, taking his seat, he saw him wearing the same shirt that he spilt on. He felt bad for him, feeling the urge to apologize again he opened his mouth but the man only lifted his hand, telling him to stop. "It's fine, i didn't change because i wouldn't wanna waste a stranger's money even though it's their fault..." He mumbled the last part, m/n only nodded as he remained seated infront of him.

"What's your name? I'm m/n." Suna eyed him before giving his name. "Suna. Suna Rintarou" He replied, fiddling with the ring on his index finger. M/n watches him as his finger trailed in a circular motion. After a few minutes, his order arrived.

He gave one of the beverages to suna which he was thanked for. Suna stood up and fixed his things, pulling out the 5,000 yen from his pocket. "Here, and thanks for the drink i'll go now." M/n took the money before standing up as well, he and suna got out of the cafe and parted ways.

"So much for making a new friend..." M/n mumbled, bashing his head on the steering wheel as he looked at it tiredly. "Caffeine can't even wake me up at this point" He talked to no one but himself, starting the engine before going straight to his home.

✄┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈