Chapter 2

✄┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈

"Hello, i'm Misturu M/n, what's your name?"

The cheerful h/c-nette asked, extending his hand towards the spiky haired male. The poor man can only gulp nervously as he wasn't well versed with the english language yet.

The boy who introduced himself must've noticed his discomfort and move an inch away from him, and clearing his throat before re-doing his introduction.

"Hello! I'm mitsuru m/n, may i know your name?"

This time he spoke in japanese, which iwaizumi thank the heavens for. He nodded before speaking for himself.

"I-iwaizumi... Iwaizumi Hajime, nice to meet you"

He spoke in a broken english, which he felt shameful for. Expecting the boy to burst out laughing or ridicule him. He closed his eyes as he waits for the impact but instead he felt a hand rub his shoulder.

He perked up and saw m/n wearing a genuine smile.

"It's okay, i can help you with your troubles in english"

He reassured, before someone called his name.

"Hey m/n! You gonna eat with us? or what?"

The man with light blond hair hollered across the room, Iwaizumi can tell the boy was somehow reckless judging from his clothing and all. So he made a mental note of keeping his distance from him.

"Oh no, i'll be showing my new friend around! you guys go ahead though!"

He replied, cupping his mouth in order to be heard by the male. The blondie only nodded before leaving with a bunch of guys screaming and hollering.

Now the two were left alone, iwaizumi shifted uncomfortably, as he packed his things and head out to find some place to eat.

"Wanna come with me? I know a good subway place"

M/n offered, pulling out his phone and extending it to iwaizumi who was utterly clueless with what he's supposed to do.

"Punch in your number, silly!"

He clarified, a tinge shade of pink was evident on iwaizumi's ears. He slowly held the device before punching in the numbers carefully.

"Ya don't have to be nervous my guy! I'm here to show you the beauty of california!"

He reassured him, and for once, iwaizumi felt calm. After all, leaving his country for the sake of education is hard. He can't help but feel sick-- home sick at that. He often finds himself snacking on the japanese snacks his mother packed for him.

He rarely got out of his place as well, only leaving when in need to buy necessities and stuff. Learning a new language, culture and stuff was hectic especially for a short time.

He would also be found scrolling thru his and his teammates pictures, sometimes he would cry and had the urge to pack and go back to japan but the next day his motivation felt renewed.

He often would chat his old friends and family of course, but having a different timezones and their own lives, he knows he can't burden them with worrying about him.

So he decided to lessen his time on his phone, he only uses it when called or something school related.

So to have someone like misturu m/n was a blessing from above to iwaizumi.

"You in bro?"

Iwaizumi wordlessly nodded as he finished packing his things and waited for m/n to lead the way.

M/n cheered for gaining a new friend before leaving the room.

Let's just say after that, their friendship bloomed. Learning that they used to play volleyball and was an ace made their bond even deeper.

M/n started finding himself crashing on iwaizumi's place, heck he even has his own bed and shit already! Yet, iwaizumi didn't mind.

Having m/n is something he come grown to used to, and at the same time it was rather comforting to have someone in the apartment other than him.

Also, iwaizumi likes m/n's cooking.

It reminded him of his home.

✄┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈

Just a small flashback on how m/n and iwaizumi became friends back in cali! Sorry if there's inaccuracy or mistakes, i'm not from california or anything nor have i been there. I'm only vaguely guessing here. Thank you for reading!