Chapter 9

✄┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈

M/n walked mindlessly amongst the sea of various people, business man, woman, students coming home from school, or moms fetching their children.

M/n walked and walked until his feet brought him into a little bookstore named "Libreria Acqua Alta" the name rings a bell in m/n's head, but he couldn't quite catch what could it be.

As his curiousity led him inside, it did not fail to meet his expectation, it even surpassed it. M/n's eyes grew wide as he remembers why the name is familiar.

Libreria Acqua Alta is dubbed as the most beautiful bookstore in the world! He once dreamt of going there as kid, and this little bookstore he entered just now reminded him of it.

The place was full of books, as expected from a bookstore. Just like the libreria in venice, italy. Their staircase are made of books, m/n's dampened mood seemed to lighten as he looked around the place to find a familiar piece of literature.

His hands wandered the countless spines of various, and some, oddly titled books.

His hands subconsciously stopped at a certain book. He pulled out the thick book as his fingers traced amongst the letters of the title.

Danielle Steel
Silent Honour

"Ah...mother..."

M/n spoke, a spike of homesickness rush through his veins as he reminisced the days his mother would read this specific book to him every night. It was no bedtime story book, but m/n, at a young age, found fascination in his mother's collection of books.

He hugged the book close to his chest as he imagine himself back in his mother's lap, listening to her read the words in the pages out loud.

"Ah silent honour, that's a very heartwarming book if i might add"

A silent, yet calm voice spoke behind him, his heels turned to where the voice came from, and he was met with gun blue metal eyes, and a small faint smile from a stranger.

"Do i know you?"

"Oh- im sorry, i got a bit excited seeing someone pick up that book, i had never seen anyone read it or be interested in it"

The stranger explained, rubbing his nape in embarrassment as he looked the other way. His eyes shone under his eye glasses. If m/n were to be honest, the man looked pretty. So pretty that he can't help but wonder, what skincare does he use?

"If you don't mind me asking, what skin products you use? you're so pretty by the way"

The stranger was surprised by m/n's question, and looked at the floor as he grew flustered from the compliment.

"Im sorry! i shouldn't have done that, i might have sounded weird to you"

"No no no! it's fine, thank you for the compliment, but i don't use skincare products...just water i guess?"

M/n's jaws dropped from his answer, so he was naturally born pretty? fucking hell.

"Where are my manners, what's your name? im mitsuru m/n by the way"

Extending his free hand to the pretty boy infront of him to shake.

"Ah, im keiji, keiji akaashi."

"Nice to meet ya keiji! i mean akaashi"

Akaashi smiled and reassured that if was fine for m/n to call him by his first name. Of course, m/n insisted he calls him by his last name.

"Okay, but you're more than welcome to call me by my first name."

Akaashi liked how his first name rolled out of m/n's tongue. He made it so likeable like a tune in his favorite song, or piano piece.

"So about the book, have you read it?"

M/n asked him, who was scrolling through various titles beside him.

"Hm? oh yeah, and i enjoyed it alot, it's a shame not alot of people are keen with reading it. They're missing out on a masterpiece"

Akaashi explained, m/n looked at him wide mouth his hands dropped to his sides. The ravenette took notice of it.

"is something wrong? mitsuru-san?"

M/n did not speak and instead grabbed both akaashi's shoulders and looked at him with such adoration.

"You don't even know how happy i am to meet you!"

He exclaimed, gaining attention from the store owner. Quickly realising his rudeness he apologized.

"What do you mean?"

"This book is my childhood, i've been reading- well, listening to my mom read it for years...! and i have not encountered someone who likes it...until now!"

Akaashi only smiled, he was honoured to be someone's source of happiness. It's the little things that makes life more bearable.

"Hey, um after you're done looking for the book you like, wanna go and grab a drink? y'know, i wanna be your friend and stuff if that's okay.."

M/n nervously asked, fidgeting his fingers. Akaashi was stunned, it's rare and i mean super fucking rare for someone to approach him, let alone wants to befriend him.

"Yeah! sure! let me just get the book im looking for then pay, sounds good?"

"Yeah! i'll be waiting at the counter"

M/n informed him, before running to where to counter was, and to pay.

As akaashi was looking through the shelves, a message popped up in his phone.

Bo: 'Kaashi! you will not believe what happened to the interview earlier!...

Akaashi, only clicked the reply button informing him he'll be talking to him later as he was in a middle of something.

A smile formed in his face as he imagine the friendly coffee date he would have with m/n.

✄┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈