Chapter 26

✄┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈

The metal basket clanked as it was pushed gently by m/n, disrupting the peaceful grocery shopping of those near him. He feels their stares burning through his skull, but it's too late to turn back now. He's already at the frozen section of the supermarket.

He stopped infront of the yogurt and dairy section, grabbing things he had listed in his mind before placing them gently on the metal trolley before scurrying off to the meat side.

He stared long and hard in each meat layed sprawled, he's in a dilemma on either purchasing pork or beef.

"Ah...mr.mitsuru? is that you?" A gentle smooth voice came from his side, he turned to see the teacher that is incharge of his niece's class. Tho, he couldn't remember his name.

"Ah, you're that....uh..." He desperately tried to recall the man's name, whilst the man looked at him with a gentle smile only when he grew impatient did he intervened.

"Sugawara koushi. We've met before when you fetched your daughter..?"

"No, it was my niece, i'm single and probably never going to have kids" M/n interjected, rubbing his nape as an awkward atmosphere engulfs the two of them.

"So..what brings you here, sugawara?" a desperate attempt to clear the tension residing between them, sugawara let out a chuckle. "I was buying necessities, like you are, mr.mitsuru" He replied, pointing on his own metal trolley with various canned goods, candies, boxes etc. was placed.

"You sure have a sweet tooth" M/n commented, eyeing the mountain of candies topped with one another, sugawara let out an 'oh' as he slowly slid infront of it.

"It's not mine- well, it is but it's for the kids in my class...y'know-!" He tried to talk nonchalantly but clearly it wasn't working. M/n can see the bullet sized sweat racing down his face.

"I won't take up your time now, goodbye sugawara. Also, call me m/n, i sound like a father with the mister" M/n walked away, giving the shaking male a pat in the shoulder before turning his back.

"wait-!" He shouted, causing the workers, and other shop goers turn to look at the silver haired beauty. His cheeks was flushed from everyone's gaze but managed to focus on m/n who was waiting for him to continue.

"Can you help me? Please?" He looked like a kicked puppy, the poor h/c-nette could not resist anyone's puppy eyes, and so he decided to hear him out.

"You see, we have this tradition where we gift the kid in my class when it's their birthday, and the whole class would write birthday cards with drawings or greetings for them. And next week was yumei's birthday..."

Oh right, yumei's birthday, how could m/n forgotten. The news struck him like lightning. What kind of uncle is he?! He was brought back to reality when sugawara gently tapped him.

"M/n, you there?" He asked, waving his hand around back and forth infront of the boy's face. "Yeah yeah im here, what about it?"

"I was hoping you could help me pick out a gift for her, since you guys are really close." He beamed, his whole demeanor changed from the moment he spoke about how close m/n and his niece were.