Chapter 14

✄┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈
Sounds of chirping and cheerful tune filled the boy's room, his eyes fluttered open, and surprisingly, he's not mad to wake up in a early time.

Stretching his arms outward as he let out a satisfactory moan.

Tapping the x button on his phone as he gave himself a few seconds of stillness. Despite his tired look, he was already making a list of the things he wanted to accomplish for today.

"Today's the board meeting..." He mumbled, rolling of his bed as he did his usual routine, and today, he dresses up a bit more....fancy. If one might say- or maybe extra. People have different taste nowadays.

He left his home, and went to a local coffee shop before grabbing a cab. I should really get my car ship... he thought to himself as he waits for his name to be called by the barista.

After a few minutes, he was already called. Thanking the barista for his coffee before exiting the shop, once he found a cab he entered it carefully, not wanting to dirty his clothes now would we?

"Where are we headed sir?"

"To XXX company, thanks."

The driver nodded as he stepped on the gas, m/n fixed his brief case to his side as he slowly take a sip of his coffee.

It's not hot, he prefers cold over hot. He once tried drinking hot coffee and due to his recklessness, he burnt his tongue. To this day, he vowed to never order or drink hot coffee; it's a little silly pronouncement but isn't that a part of life?

Life is what you choose to be, some prefer their life to be mundane as possible, wake up-eat-work-sleep. A cruel cycle that one would find more than enough to spend their lives on.

To m/n, life consist of little things, silly talks about things you don't like or like. Anything that you find joy in, really.

"Big day today for you guys, huh?"

The driver started, surprising m/n who was busy planning his game plan for the meeting.

"Huh-? oh yeah"

"Haha, i can tell, your attire tells me you're a very important person"

M/n was flattered by the man behind the wheels. He glanced down to his attire, it was the attire he used to wear alot, because he found it very comfortable. A grey turtleneck, with blazer on top. He had a black pants and his collegiate cordovan black loafers.

"Although, i think you would look good in a tie. Just my opinion of course, i hope i didn't offend you..."

He continued, m/n took full offense on what he said, such audacity of the driver to tell him what to wear-! This buffon deserves to be punished-! just kidding. He's used to people telling him that he looks good in a tie. Despite those comments, he refused to wear one.

"I'd die before i wear a tie" He joked, earning a snort from the driver.

A friend of his back in california had such romantic claims that cravat went back to the silk fascalia worn by roman orators to warm their vocal cords. M/n knew that etymologically, cravat actually derived from a ruthless band of "croat" mercenaries who donned knotted neckerchiefs before they stormed into battle.