47-49

Sam helped you walk to a bench. As Morgan plopped next to you shyly.

Y/N: " Hello..." You smiled gently.

Morgan: " What happened to your legs?"

Y/N: " I fought a bad guy...He was a lot stronger than I was...."

Morgan: " Did Daddy fight that bad guy?"

Y/N: " No...Your Daddy fought a stronger bad guy."

Morgan: " Is that why he's not coming back?"

Y/N: " You know Morgan...your Daddy wanted you and Peter to have the best life. Without your Daddy millions of people would be miserable."

Morgan: " How come you lived and Daddy didn't?"

Y/N: " Morgan? Have you heard of Heaven?" She nodded. " Well, you see that man over there? With the long blonde hair?" She nodded again. " That's Thor...He lost his Mom and his Dad. He tells me stories about what being in Valhalla feels like. It's their Heaven. They took your Daddy there because he needed to go on a vacation. He was so precious that they didn't want him hurt anymore. He's not gone forever. Just for a little while. Take it from a girl who's been alive since the 1900's. Time goes by really fast."

Morgan: "Why should I believe you?"

Y/N: " Morgan...I told your Daddy a alot about my past...Because, I trusted him to keep it safe. He asked me why I told him, and I never got a chance to tell him...Do you think you could keep a secret?"

Morgan: " Y-Yes." 

Y/N: " He made me feel safe for the first time in decades." 

Morgan left happily as Steve came over sitting next to you. You hugged him, as a tear fell.

Steve: " Are you sure?" He whispered.

Y/N: " Of course I'm sure."

Steve: " I-I can stay." 

Y/N: " Steve...You deserve to be happy. You'll always be my lucky coin. Sometimes...You just have to flip it around ya know?" He pulled back looking at you. "What?" You laughed.

Steve: " I don't think I've ever seen you be this serious before?""

Y/N: " Oh...Get out of here." 

Steve: " You just want to watch me leave." He laughed.

Y/N: " Hey! That might be America's Ass now. But, it was mine first."  Steve walked towards Buck giving him a hug. You watched from the bench as they said their goodbyes. You watched as Steve walked onto the machine, and you wiped your tears from your face. He put the suit on, and nodded at you.

Sam: " How long is this gonna take?" Sam said.

Bruce stood at the panel: " For him, as long as he needs. For us...5 seconds." Steve picked up Thor's hammer, and had a suitcase in his hands. "Ready Cap?" He nodded as the helmet went up. "I'll meet you back here okay?" 

Steve: " You bet." You listened to Bruce count down as you sat on the bench looking out at the water. When he said 'One' you closed your eyes holding your breath. You began counting yourself. As Bruce began to count, when he didn't come back Sam began to panic. You counted up to 17 seconds and opened your eyes.

Y/N: " Looks like you lied. You said 15 seconds." You let out a small laugh as you knew old Steve was sitting next to you.

Steve: " You should tell him." He said.

Y/N: " Steve...I don't know if I can..." 

Steve: "It's worth it. I promise. He needs it now more than ever, and so do you." Buck came over taking off the bench as you stood next to him, too scared to lean on him. He was looking at Sam and Steve.

Y/N: " B-Buck..." He turned towards you.

Buck: " Yeah?"  Your eyes met his brown ones. That's when Steve gave Sam the shield. You and Buck both watched happily as you were talking.