Chapter 9: A New Pig?

I finish my croissant and coffee and decide it's time to head back and get some work done on the farm. I'm definitely more awake now. I hope in the car and start driving home. I feel like today is going to be a good day! I turn on some music and dance around in my car not caring about anything. I haven't done this in a while but it feels nice.

I get to the farm and go inside for a moment to change into my work clothes before going outside to start my chores. I put on my ripped-up black pants and a random tank top I found in my closet.

I step outside and make my way to the pigpen. I see all the pigs are gathered in a group which is pretty unusual for them. I open the gate and someone stands up in the middle of them. Oh my god.

"Hey y/n," they say shyly.

"Lizzie?!" I say shocked and confused. "What are you doing here?"

"I don't know." She replies. "I felt really bad about the way I left last week and I haven't been able to get you out of my head."

"Why did you leave? I still can't figure out what I did wrong."

"Can we go inside and talk please?" She asks.

I'm still extremely confused and shocked but the other side of me is extremely happy to see her again. "Sure," I say.

We walk to my house and I hold the door open for her to step inside. She takes her shoes off and I follow trying to calm down my nerves. We sit on the couch facing each other sitting in silence. Lizzie breaks our quiet stare down and speaks, "Um, so... I liked hanging out with you last week and couldn't stop thinking about everything that happened and how stupid I was to just leave like that without an explanation."

"Honestly I've been trying to forget about it but I just keep thinking about why you would have left. I couldn't get what happened out of my head," I say.

"I know and I'm sorry. You deserve an explanation." She says and scotches forward a little bit. "You have this perfect life alone on the farm and no one bothers you. Your life is simple and you seem happy and I didn't want to screw all of that up for you." She sighs. "I also got scared. I just met you and got so comfortable so quickly and then I kissed you and then you said I could stay with you and it all freaked me out so I ran off and I've never liked someone that fast so I didn't know what to do. I still don't and I also don't know if you like me either or if you do that it's just because I play a character in a movie or because I'm a celebrity or I don't even know." She rambles and I can tell she's starting to freak out a little bit so I grab her arm and it snaps her out of her rant.

"Lizzie," I say I'm a stern tone. "Please calm down." She looks at my hand on her arm as I rub it with my thumb. She looks back up at me with her glossy eyes and it makes my heart drop. "I'm gonna speak now and you're just going to listen to everything I have to say ok?" She nods and I continue, "First, I very much enjoyed hanging out with you last week so I hope you don't think I didn't. Secondly, my life isn't as perfect as it may look. It's very busy and I don't have much time to myself. Yes it's beautiful here and I love what I do but it's extremely lonely all the time."

She opens her mouth to talk to u quickly puts my finger in front of it, "I'm not finished. Part of the reason I invited you to stay is that I just wanted someone else here with me so I'm not by myself all the time. I also felt really bad for you because u have to sleep in that crappy bed all by yourself too. I thought it would just be nice for us both to be comfortable with you staying here but I understand that you have only known me for a day which is why I didn't question it when you said you didn't want to stay anymore."

"I just wanted-" she says before I shush her again. "Wow, you really can't keep quiet for long." I joke. "I'm almost finished and then you can talk. The last thing I was going to say is I do like you. I was quietly freaking out the whole day we spent together and when you kissed me I was super shocked but I liked it. And to ease your mind, no. I do not just like you because you are Elizabeth Olsen or because you're a celebrity. I like you because you are funny, and goofy and smart and drop-dead gorgeous. You are so kind and just light up every room with that smile of yours that I tried all week to get out of my head."

She slowly starts to smile. "Yes, that one," I say and smile back.

"I think that's all I have to say so you may speak now," I say and lean back on the couch.

"Wow, um ok. I don't know what to say anymore. I forgot my train of thought after getting shushed multiple times." She jokes.

"Honestly you don't have to say anything. I'm just glad I knew why you ran out so I can move on and think about other things. My mind can finally get back to normal." She looks down and starts playing with her fingers. Shit. "Lizzie that's not what I meant!" I say feeling awful about what I just said.

"No, it's fine. This is exactly what I was talking about." She stands up and rushed to the door but I jump in front of her and she bumps into me.

"Lizzie stop," I say and she looks up at me staying close. "What I meant was I cloud stop stressing over the fact that you ran out and I would never see you again or know the reason why. Truthfully I was really upset when you left because I assumed that was the last time I would ever see you. You didn't leave a phone number or anything to contact you. What made it even worse was that I kept seeing articles and information about the places you were going to and the things you were doing. It was impossible to forget about our day together." I have her attention now so I keep rambling because that's what I'm best at.

"But back to what I said before about being able to think normally again. I meant that I can just relax now having all the answers. You are right in front of me now which means I possibly have a second chance. I would love it if you would consider staying with me again because I would hate for you to have to go back to that dumpy motel to stay in. And, you can hang out with the animals whenever you want!" Her eyes widen and I see a smile starting.

"So... what do you say?" She pauses for a minute and without breaking eye contact she says, "I say... yes."
——————————————————————————————————————————————————————
Hey everyone! I love seeing the comments you are all leaving! It's very motivating.

I hope you are still enjoying and get ready for the next chapter! It's a fun one :)