Chapter 46: By Your Side

Lizzie POV-

I wake up bright and early before anyone is awake so that I can sneak out without being stopped. I am going to find y/n if it is the last thing I do.

I grab my things and make my way downstairs slowly, trying not to make any noise. One stair at a time I pray that they don't creek and wake anyone up.

I walk over to the door and place my hand on the handle taking a deep breath in. As I am about to turn it, I hear the sound of a book closing.

"I was wondering when you were going get up," my father says and my head snaps around to look at him laying on the couch.

"Are you that pathetic that you waited here all night to catch me sneaking out?" I question him and he sits up.

"It's not pathetic Lizzie. I'm just doing my job as your father. I'm protecting you," he says walking over to me, blocking the door.

"You're not protecting me! You're ruining my life!" I yell at him as my blood starts to boil.

"Shhh. Don't wake your mother or sisters. Just go back to bed now. Your little stunt is over," he tells me and I roll my eyes.

"Why can you just let me go. If you think this is such a bad thing then why don't you let me figure it out for myself? I can guarantee that y/n is better than anyone in the world that you would rather me be with. Why can't you just get out of your head for a minute and see that?"

"I told you to never bring up her name again, remember? Just forget about her and enjoy being with your family before you have to leave," he tells me sternly and I don't even know how to respond. He is so set on what he thinks is right and wrong that he doesn't even care about my happiness, only his.

"You know as soon as leave and go back to film, I will be right back in y/n's arms like it should be. There's nothing you can do about it." I cross my arms and stare him down as I watch his veins start to pop out of his forehead.

"Ugh, why are you so stubborn?! I'm trying to help you!" He says aggressively.

"No, you're trying to help you," I say and walk upstairs avoiding eye contact with him. What am I going to do now?!

~~~

Y/n POV-

I wake up early hoping to figure out a plan. I miss Lizzie like crazy already and could barely sleep thinking about how upset she probably is right now. Did I even do the right thing leaving her?

I get up and quickly get ready before I sit down and create a plan in my mind. I have to see her, I just have to.

An hour later I have sorted somewhat of a plan out and am on my way to her house. This could go two ways. I could see Lizzie fix everything or I see her and her dad finds out which will lead to god knows what happening. Whatever happens, will be worth it as long as I get to see Lizzie again.

I pull up a few blocks from their house so that they don't see any cars around and I can sneak around back. Once I get to the house I slowly open the gate leaving it slightly opened in case I have to make a run for it.

I go around the corner so that I am outside of Lizzie's bedroom window. Looking at the ground I find a small rock that will make noise but won't damage the window.

I line up my shot and aim it directly in the centre of the window making a clinking sound before it falls back down to the ground. I unknowingly hold my breath in anticipation, hoping she will open the curtains to see me.

I see movement and my jaw drops when I see who opens them.

"I think you got the wrong room," her sister MK says.

"Oh shit. For future reference which one is her room?" I ask rubbing my forehead.

"Other side of the house by the little garden." She tells me pointing to it.

"Oh, Thanks. Please, please, pleaseeee don't tell your dad I am here. Can I just please talk to Lizzie for a second. After that, I will leave and you all won't have to see me again. I just love her so much and I don't want the last time I talk to her to be in a note if I can never see her again. So can you please just let me see her one last time?!" I say to her and she pauses before walking away. I wait and wait until finally, I hear footsteps.

"Lizzie?" I call up hoping that it's her.

"Y/n," she responds and I can tell she was just crying because her face is a little red and her beautiful eyes are filled with the remanence of tears.

"Are you okay?! I tried to call and text you but you didn't respond," I tell her.

"I'm not okay. I'm being kept from the love of my life, my father is keeping me locked up like a rat in a cage and what I thought was going to be a fun week with you and my family has turned into the craziest story have ever heard. About the phone thing, my father took my phone away and is keeping me locked in the house, forbidding me to see you. It sounds stupid because I am a fully grown adult and you would think that I can make decisions for myself but apparently he doesn't think so," she explains and I start tearing up hearing the pain through her voice. I can't even imagine what it would be like to switch positions right now.

"Lizzie don't worry. I am going to get you out of here and we will go back home and be together there where no one cares and tries to separate us. Of course, that's if you still want to be with me,"

"Why wouldn't I want to be with you?! Y/n you are my favourite person in the whole world and the woman I want to marry. I trust you with my life and would go anywhere or do anything for you. I love you so much. Of course, I still want to be with you," she tells me which is all I needed to hear for my plan to work.

"I love you too Liz. We're going to figure this out. I have a plan, don't worry. Try to pretend that your father's plan is working and that you don't care about me anymore okay. Act like you realize our love was fake and that he was right all along."

"Y/n I could never do that or say those things."

"Well, you have to. For us. Please try. Just pretend you are in an acting role, you're amazing at that. I have to go now before your father finds out I am here but I will see you soon. I love you," I tell her.

"I love you too," she says and I sneak out the way I came through the gate, closing it behind me.

I can hear her sobs as I walk away from the house and it breaks my heart but after that conversation, I now know what has to be done.

                                             ~~~

Lizzie POV-

As she walks away I try to conceal my emotions but I can't so I let out a cry. A few seconds later my sister MK runs in and holds me as I collapse to the ground sobbing.

"It's okay! Lizzie everything's going to be okay! You will see y/n again. I'll make sure of it," she tells me and I look up at her, surprised at what I just heard.

"What? Why would you help me? I thought you were on our dad's side."

"No! Of course not. I love y/n and I love you two together. I've been trying to figure out a plan so that you can leave and be with her but I need dad to think I'm on his side. Ashley is doing the same. We're here for you Lizzie and support you one hundred percent," she explains to me and my sad cries turn into happy tears as I hug my stager tight as she comforts me.

"Thank you. I'm glad you like y/n because I know she loves you two already. I just wish mom and dad thought the same."

"Liz, mom does like y/n too. She's just too scared to stand up to our father. She really wants to tell him to let you go but she's afraid of what will happen if she does," she says and I sit up, wiping my tears with the sleeve of my shirt.

"Oh... well, do you have a plan?" I ask her and she smiles. I'll take that as a yes...
——————————————————————————————————————————————————————
Sorry, this chapters really bad. I was in a bit of a slump for the next few chapters but I'm out of it now lol.

Hope you still enjoyed!