Chapter 41: Merry Christmas!

"Good morning my love," Lizzie says kissing me on the cheek.

"Good morning Lizzie. Merry Christmas!" I say excitedly as I remember what day it is. I jump out of bed and throw a hoodie on since it is a bit cold. As soon as it's on my body I run into the living room with no hesitation.

I freeze for a moment thinking that I am missing something because the room seems off. I spin around looking to see what could be wrong when I catch a glimpse of Lizzie still sitting on the bed staring at me.

I run into my bedroom as quick as the flash... okay maybe not as fast, but close! As I enter the room Lizzie smiles and starts to giggle at my cluelessness. I kiss her on the lips before picking her up and throwing her over my shoulder.

"Y/n what are you doing! You're crazy!" She laughs as I run back into the living room, this time with Lizzie on my shoulder. I throw her gently onto the couch and sit beside her.

"I'm just excited that I get to spend Christmas with my beautiful girlfriend this year! Can I not be excited?" I joke and she shakes her head while starting to blush.

"What?" I ask as she is staring me in the eyes.

"You're just so cute when you get excited that's all. I don't think I have seen you this happy. I love it, that's all."

"Because I love you and can't wait to spend our first Christmas together just the two of us!" I say with a smile and Lizzie's face goes flat. What did I say?

"You okay?" I ask worried at her sudden change in demeanour.

"Yeah, I'm good. Come here," she says holding her arms out.

I lean into her body and hug her tightly, hoping to provide comfort to her until I know what's wrong. I'm not going to push her to tell me though.

"Ready to open some presents?!" I ask her trying to get the mood back up again. She smiles at me and nods.

"Grab that blue one with the ribbon first," she tells me and I pick up the medium size present and place it on the table in front of us.

"Here this one is for you," I say to Lizzie handing her one of her presents. She looks at it curiously shaking it gently.

"Lizzie you can open it. You're a little late for shaking presents you know. I did that a week ago," I joke and she rolls her eyes.

We both start opening our first present and I smile when I see what she got me. 2 months ago when we were walking in town we walked past this small dress shop and I saw the most beautiful dress I have ever seen. I told her how much I loved it but said it was too expensive, then we left.

"Oh my god, Lizzie you shouldn't have. Really, this too much money," I tell her and she kisses me on the cheek and smiles.

"Nothing is ever too much for you my love," she says and I grin at her.

"Thank you, Lizzie. I really love this. I can't believe you went back and got it for me. Actually, I can't believe you remembered. That was so long ago!" I explain to her.

"If I'm being honest I went back a day later because I say how you were looking at it and just knew I had to get it for you."

"Well, I'm grateful you did. Now finish opening mine!" I say urgently.

She rips off the wrapping paper throwing it on the floor to pick up later. Her eyes go wide when she sees what's inside.

"Y/n! Is this what I think it is?!" She asks looking up at me.

"It sure is! I know how you love to have a lot of blankets on the bed to feel heavy and to keep you warm so I thought this was better than using every blanket in the house," I laugh and Lizzie does too.