Chapter 30: Jealousy and Work

Pulling myself together after Lizzie's little stunt, I walk into the kitchen to find her and Scarlett eating breakfast across from each other. I look at Lizzie, then at Scarlett, then back to Lizzie thinking of a plan.

I walk behind Scarlett and wrap my arms around her resting them on her shoulders and my chin on her head. She doesn't seem to mind at all and seems to be enjoying it. Lizzie on the other hand is giving me and Scarlett a death stare.

"Y/n, what do you think you are doing?" She asks tilting her head like in the movies. That is my cue to let go before shit goes down.

I take my arms off of Scarlett and back up while Lizzie is still staring into my soul. I walk over to her and bend down to whisper in her ear.

"Oh, you don't like that?" I say and walk away into the kitchen to grab a drink. I open the cupboard and pull out a glass and set it on the counter. I look back at the table to see Scarlett wide-mouthed, shocked at what I had done. Meanwhile, Lizzie is still staring me down trying to figure out what I'm up to.

I pour myself a glass of water and make my way back over to the table to sit beside Scarlett. I pull my chair so that I am closer to her and put my arm across the back of her chair. Now Lizzie looks even madder and my plan is working.

"Y/n seriously why are you doing this?" Lizzie says sounding frustrated. Scarlett is still frozen and doesn't know what to do.

"Doing what?" I play dumb. "I'm just sitting with my new friend Scarlett. Is there a problem?" I ask cheekily.

Lizzie huffs and looks at Scarlett.

"You're going to sit here and let her hang off of you?" She asks Scarlett and she smiles.

"What can I say. Your girlfriend is hot," she says and looks at me. Lizzie stands up and grabs my arm making me stand up. She pulls me away from Scarlett and I laugh at how jealous she is.

"I know she's hot, but she's mine!" She says and wraps her arms around me. Ok, that was pretty cute. I like what she just said.

"Thanks, Scarlett," I say and jokingly hand her a two-dollar bill.

"Any time," she says taking the bill and then winking at me.

Lizzie lets go of me and look at me and Scarlett.

"Wait what the heck?" She says confused.

"Lizzie I was just joking and Scarlett knew I was going to do that. I wanted to see what you would do. I'm sorry for making you angry. I would never do that to anyone for real, I promise. Your reaction was cute though," I explain and she punches my arm softly.

"Hey!" I yell and she rolls her eyes.

"I think you deserved that one," she says and looks over at Scarlett who is holding in her laugh.

"Fine," I say and pull her close to me by her hips so that I can kiss her on the head. She immediately falls into my arms allowing me to hug her close as she wraps her arms around my neck.

At least I know she can't stay mad at me for long, I think to myself.

"Well this is all fun and cute but some people have to work around here," Scarlett says standing up and walking past us.

We let go of each other and I clean up our mess from breakfast while Lizzie and Scarlett get ready to go film. Once they are ready to leave I say goodbye to Scarlett and give her a hug getting another stare from Lizzie.

"I'm not allowed to hug my friend?" I say jokingly and she sighs.

"Yes, you are. I'm just being a drama because of your little stunt this morning. Scarlett knows you are mine anyway," she says making me blush.