Chapter 22: Is It Over?

I hold my breath preparing for what's to come. After a few seconds, nothing happens and Gabby walks into my room. I chase after her trying to stop her from finding Lizzie but when I arrive in my room. No one is there. I start to panic a little wondering where she would have gone but I am glad Gabby didn't see her.

She looks around my room for a minute, hums and then leaves. That was weird.

"Even your room is the same. And for the record, your room is not messy at all," she states and I let out the breath I was holding to let out a nervous laugh.

"Yeah, that's true. I'm just going to use the bathroom. I will be right back," I say and she nods, sitting down on the couch next to Alex.

Boy is she snoopier than I remember, I think as I rush to the bathroom to see if Lizzie is in there. I open the door and let out a sigh of relief when I see her sitting on the side of the bathtub with a book in her hand. I launch myself in her direction and wrap my arms around her body tightly before letting go.

"Sorry. Just excited to see you," I say awkwardly after throwing myself at her.

She doesn't respond but instead puts her book down, stands up and wraps her arms around my neck pulling me into a hug. Before she pulls away she whispers in my ear. "I'm excited to see you too."

We both pull out of the hug and stare at each other before our moment is quickly ruined by a loud noise.

"Y/n!" Gabby calls. "Are you okay in there?"

"Coming!" I yell back and roll my eyes.

"Ugh, I'm sorry. I have to go back out there now. I will try to get rid of them soon. Don't worry. And good job being all sneaky. I definitely thought she was going to see you," I say and she smirks.

"Don't be gone too long," She says playfully and I blush before walking back out into the living room to see Gabby and Alex.

We chat for about an hour before Alex decides it is time to leave. We say our goodbyes and I watch as they drive away. Geez. I'm glad that's over with.

Gabby was acting differently the whole time. She's not like she used to be which is kind of upsetting, but you can't control other people. Maybe it's because of Alex. He seems nice but who knows.

Once I see they are fully gone out of my sight I rush to the bedroom to check on Lizzie. I open the door and there she lays, on my bed, cast and all. She looks beautiful and I can see she has changed into a pair of bedtime shorts and one of my hoodies.

"Hoarding my closet now?" I joke as I close the door behind me.

She looks down at the sweater then back up at me and smirks. "It looks better on me anyway," she says and I laugh.

"And modest too," I reply and sit beside her on the bed.

"How was your visit?" She asks and I shrug my shoulders.

"It was okay I guess. It wasn't like normal but I guess that was because Alex was there. And I'm sorry about earlier. Gabby showing up randomly totally threw me off. I didn't want to ruin our deal either," I say feeling bad for what happened earlier.

"Don't worry, I'm good. That's too bad that you didn't enjoy your visit," Lizzie says and shifts her position towards facing me more.

"So, I guess you have to leave again to get your farm work done?" She asks quietly and I nod.

"I wish I didn't have to. I rather hang out with you in here. How are you feeling by the way?" I ask looking at her cast.

"My foot doesn't hurt right now so that's a plus. I feel good," she explains.

"I'm glad. Well, I'm going to start on the farm now. You are going to be okay here?"

"Yep. I will just hang out until you are done. I have to make a few calls too but I don't think it will take longer."

I nod and climb off the bed leaving Lizzie in my bedroom alone. I wish I didn't have to do the farm work all the time. I rather just hang out with Lizzie while she's here because only god knows how long that will be for.

I hate that there is even a chance she could leave at any moment. I'm getting used to her being here and it would feel so empty without her. We have been getting a lot closer the past few nights and I love it. I hope we continue to get closer. I just wish I knew what she was thinking and what her feelings towards me are. It would make everything twenty times simpler.

I go through the motions of doing the farm work, barely paying attention due to my daydreaming. I quickly snap out of it and rush through all my work so that I can go see Lizzie and be done for the day. It takes me about four hours to do everything and I still have to make the delivery before I can finish. I want to check on Lizzie first.

I walk back to the house and open the door to find Lizzie asleep laying across the couch with the remote in her hand. I pull out my phone and swipe onto the camera to take a picture of her. I take a couple and put my phone back in my pocket, quietly giggling to myself.

I walk over to the counter and pull out a pen and notepad from the drawer. I start writing;

Lizzie,
Just went out to drop off the stuff at the other farm. I will be home soon. Help yourself to anything you would like. Be back soon :) -Y/n

I set the note down on the table beside her and make my to the front door, grabbing my car keys on the way. I load up my truck and hop in, turning the music up loud.

I drive to the other farm and drive back home. The whole time I wondered if Lizzie woke up and saw my note. I hope she did. I can't wait to spend the night with her now that I am finished all my work for the day!

I rush to the front door in excitement but when I open it my face drops.

"Lizzie what's wrong?!" I say as I rush towards the woman sitting on the ground crying...
——————————————————————————————————————————————————————
What are some cute pet names you want me to use between y/n and Lizzie in the future?? Let me know!

I have a bunch of new chapters ready to post so you may get some extra ones soon! Sorry for the short chapter today, the next couple I have planned are double the size.

Hope you all have a good day :)