61 ~ Epilogue

Last time, vote

Gulaab POV

Pulling the ropes of the horse, my back crashed into his chest as the horse neighed. 

I laughed feeling excited and nervous at the same time. The horse started walking slowly initially. I felt like bouncing a little on its back. 

"He likes you," Sultan stated keeping her chin on my shoulder the way he always does. 

I laughed and increased the speed of it. It started running and the trees standing along the path felt like running with us. My hair strands flew in the air along with the speed.

I focused on the path as I never saw this much speed. 

"It's amazing," I declared.

"Already,"

I felt his hands holding the ropes over my hands. His grip tightened and I slid my hands slowly from his hold.

My gaze shifted to his face looking into his eyes over my shoulder. He pulled the ropes and the horse felt like fire.

He increased his speed and we both bent a little forward with the effect. My eyes denied to stay open as the chilly air was hitting my eyes, my hairs flew and my face felt crushed in front of the air.

"Oh My God,"

He made the horse run through the forest, the dust, the wild wind and the uneven surface of land.

I felt as if I was on cloud nine. Suddenly he held the ropes tightly with one hand and his other hand snaked around my waist.

I tilted my head sidewards as he placed his chin on my shoulder. He kissed my cheek a little and made the horse run a little more faster.

My heart beats started racing insanely with the speed and route. We had started climbing the mountain now.

"Where are we going Sultan?" I asked hesitantly.

"Somewhere," he told.

"Very precise answer," I commented.

He chuckled and said.

"It's been eight years since I lost Shabana,"

His voice were rough and hoarse.

I looked at his face above my shoulder.

"Today?"

He nodded and I pulled the rope of the horse to slow down and stop.

"I think we should stop running now," I muttered.

He nodded and stepped down from the horse. He helped me too to step down.

I held his hand and we both sat under a tree. The dry leaves and slightly chilly whether felt beautiful. Also, the warm sunlight was soothing.

"Sultan, do you miss her?" I asked.

"Ofcourse," he stated.

I could feel his voice tensed and upset.

"I can never forget her. You know, I saw her lifeless body when I came back from the war. Her skin turned blue because of poison. Her veins highlighted as if her skin turned extremely thin. A part of me died that day,"

A tear fell from his eyes.

I cupped his and he held my wrist.

"Sultan, I don't know what to say but yes, no one can take her place,"

"You know, I always brought gifts for her whenever I come back from war or a trip. But, she never jumped out of excitement. She always checked how many wounds I got,"