EIGHT;

Sam was unable to give the male an answer, what was he suppose to say?

Should he just tell Max that he is in love with his best friend who is also a fuck boy and couldn't hold a steady relationship if it had a handle and was duct taped to his hand?

Remaining quiet wasn't the best idea, because it let Max know he was right. "I saw the way you look at him." Max said, "like he put the stars in the universe."

Still, the asian remained silent, he didn't know what he was supoose to say in this sort of situation.

"If you love him, why did you agree to my offer so quickly?" Max asked, making Sam sigh.

Sam collected his thoughts for a moment before speaking. "I thought that maybe you would be able to help me get over him. He's been my best friend for years now and I don't want to lose him. Not many people can withstand Eli, because of how he his and the way he chooses to live his life, I was one of the few who stayed with him and accepted him completely. I don't want him to change, I want him to feel comfortable around me and free. So, I agreed, because if I no longer have feelings for him, I will no longer want him to change who he is to please me." Sam explained, biting the inside of his cheek afterwards.

Max hummed after the smaller finished, "you want him to be himself, but him being himself is killing you?"

"I guess? I don't know, at first when I didn't have feelings for him, I didn't care who he slept with and when. It's different now, I can act like it doesn't hurt me to see him go to everyone else and not me, but my heart can't act like it doesn't hurt." Sam said, his voice choking up.

Max nodded, taking in Sam's words. "I completely get it, the same man you love is the same male causing you all this hurt. You are allowed to feel emotions, you should never feel sorry or wrong for feeling the way you. You love Elijah, don't apologize for it or feel bad for it. It's not your fault for that, how you react and feel about things is not something to be sorry for. You're allowed to feel emotions and you should be able to feel them unapologetically." Max explained, pulling into the parking lot of the small pizza shop in town.

Sam nodded slowly. "You sure do know a lot about this stuff."

"Believe it or not, I've been there before." Max said, "I use to be madly in love with your brother."

The statement caused Samuel to choke on his spit, now aggressively coughing as he clutched the door handle for dear life.

After a moment of recollecting himself, his face still a tad bit red and small cough still finding their way out of his mouth, "you what?"

Max laughed, "I know. Trust me, I know. That just sounds crazy, but we got really close and I started started love the little things he did and before I knew it, I was head over heels smitten."

"How did you change? What happened?" Samuel asked, he hoped that Max would be able to give him him tips on how to get over being in love with your best friend, but instead the words that left his mouth left Sam a blushing mess.

"What happened?" Max repeated, "oh I met his little brother."