THIRTEEN;

Sam had managed to avoid Elijah's teasing throughout most of the night, but around twelve, the long haired male had started getting a bit more touchy

It started with a simple hand of the thigh, which Eli did out of comfort most of the time, so Sam payed it no mind as they continued watching the show.

When Elijah's larger hand started to find it ways up the smaller's thigh, Sam sent a warning glare, which went completely unnoticed by a very determined Eli.

So Sam leaned over and whispered a quick, "stop."

Which did stop Elijah, because the male never crossed a boundary without permission to do so. He let out a small hum, to inform Sam he heard him and kept his hand on the smaller's inner thigh.

After about ten minutes, Elijah started to tap his fingers on Sam's thigh and Sam knew that was him testing the boundary again, wanting to see if Sam had changed his mind.

With years of knowing Elijah, Sam knew the ways the other would try seduce him. If Eli was one thing, it was persistent, when Samuel made that promise he had no idea that Max would be spending the night and spending it in his room.

"Eli, I know I promised," Sam started, leaning to whisper to the long haired male, "but I had no clue he was staying."

The male nodded along, "it's okay, I'll just get it from someone else."

Oh, how the heart can be such a sensitive thing.

As if Samuel didn't suffer enough pain in their friendship, the universe tends to add some more.

All the smaller could do was let out an, "excuse me." Before leaving the room, leaving two confused males.

Max was quick to get up and go follow the small asian. He found Sam in his room, under the covers, just a ball of blanket was seen.

The taller went over and slowly pulled the blanket down to see the red puffy eyes and dampened trails down his flustered cheeks.

"Hey, baby, what happened?" Max asked, quick to wipe off some of the tears.

Samuel shook his head, indicating he didn't want to speak about it right now and Max respected it.

He instead chose to lay down beside the smaller and pull them close to his chest. Sam accepted the comforting cuddle as he collected himself.

After a few moments, he finally was calm enough to explain what happened, which made Max frown at the situation. "And it sucks, ya know? It makes me feel like I'm not good enough."

"You not being good enough for him, doesn't make you not good enough. Just because he doesn't see how good you are to him and how great you are, doesn't mean you aren't. I don't understand the value of art, it doesn't mean the art doesn't have vaule." Max said, making Sam nod along.

After a few moments of silences, both just enjoying the comfort and warmth of their embrace, Sam spoke up.

"Thank you." He said, making Max let out a 'tsk' sound.

"Don't thank me, I'm doing what friends do."

The statement made Sam giggle. "What's so funny?" Max asked, pulling away from the male to get a look at his beautiful face.

And god, was Sam beautiful, his beautiful coal eyes, his bright smile that the sun would be jealous of and even though he had just been crying, he still managed to look like he just came off a runway.

"I kiss my friends." Sam finally replied.

And before Max could reply, he felt soft and wet lips press against his.