THIRTY;

Elijah was dropped off first, kissing Sam's cheek quickly as Max got out of the truck to let him out

The male stepped out of the car, kissing Max on the cheek as well, before saying goodbye and heading to his house.

Max got back into the truck, the pair sitting in silence for a moment as Sam backed out of the driveway. Once they got back onto the main road, Sam spoke up. "Why did you change your mind?" Sam asked, "About being with us?"

The truck filled with silence as Max tried to find the right words to say.

"I won't lie when you first offered I wanted nothing more than to scream yes at the top of my lungs, but I'm still a little worrisome about relationships due to my last one," Max explained.

Sam nodded his head. "I remember when you said something about that when you joined us, do you wanna talk about it?"

"That's a story for another day, baby. My dorm is in the third building on the left." Max spoke, pointing in the direction of his home.

The other pulled into the driveway, parking the car. Max reached for the door, but Sam had already removed his seat belt and reached over, not allowing the other to leave yet.

Max stopped, letting go of the door handle and leaning back into the seat, Sam had sat back down in his as well. "Yeah?" Max asked.

"I just wanted to make it clear, that I am here for you, okay? I don't want you to think you have to keep things from me, but if you're not ready to talk about it I won't make you. I just want you to know when you are ready, I'm ready to listen." Sam explained.

Max leaned over pressing a kiss to Sam's cheek. "I'm not there yet to open up about it, thank you for understanding." He smiled, "Same goes for you as well, okay? If you ever need to get something off your chest, I'll be here to listen."

"I do have something to tell you." Sam started, "So like, my parents and brother are completely unaware that I'm gay and there's a reason for it."

The brown-haired male sat still for a moment, he didn't want to tell Sam to keep going, he waited until the other was ready to speak. "My actual biological father left my mom for some guy years ago and I think that led my mom and brother to be resentful towards gay people. I'm unsure about my brother, but I know for a fact that my mom holds some hate in her heart from that experience. Although her hate is aimed at the wrong thing, I couldn't bare to bring more pain to her." Sam explained, "She's been through enough and I don't want her to hate me the same way she hates my father."

Max was quick to collect the other into his arms, holding him and gently rubbing his back as the other cried into his shoulder.

It took a few minutes for Sam to calm down, he pulled back a bit, now looking at Max's eyes. The other took his fingers and lightly brushed the tears off of his face.

"I have to be honest with you, Jake knows your gay," Max confessed.

"Huh?"

Max nodded his head, a small smile covering his face. "Yeah, one day he came to me, talking about you and Elijah before I had met either of you and he just stated he knew you guys were more than friends. He was a little offended his little brother didn't tell him." Max said.

"He knows?" Sam questioned again.

The other nodded once more, "Yes, so I think when you get home, you should talk to him."

Sam pulled Max into another hug, "Thank you for telling me!" He replied, pressing a kiss to Max's cheek.

"Mhm, now if you wouldn't mind, I'd like to go to my dorm, unless you're wanting to stay the night." Max winked.

The Asian was quick to shove Max back.

"Let me guess, you wanna die?" Max questioned.

"You know me so well."